Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Star Twofer

Hi all - another quick post in my crazy busy life. I wanted to play along with the Twofer Challenge again & realized that a card I just made yesterday would work for it! But I had to create a second card and then try to combine the two photos. My first collage attempt in PicMonkey and it's not good - sorry about that!! Pretty obviously, my item in common is the die cut star.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Bazzill color pack; Poptone Black Licorice;
Authentique (retired 4th of July themed pad)
Stamps - Hero Arts CL661 It's Your Day;
Our Daily Bread - Mini Tag Sentiments
Dies - My Favorite Things various retired Blueprints and
and retired Stylish Stars (I used the smallest one);
Spellbinders Sentiments One
Other - stars from Michael's

I created the bottom card for a chorus friend who became a US citizen on my birthday!! I couldn't attend the ceremony as I was out celebrating with my family but heard all about it at chorus. Maria was one of only two from Germany to become citizens out of around 950 in her group; she didn't know a soul but made a few new friends. A bunch from the chorus was able to join her and found it very inspiring. The other card will go to my brother with a birthday coming up.

Thanks to the Darnell and crew at the Twofer Card Challenge - be sure to check out all the inspiration over there!! Thanks for stopping!


12 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful twofer "star" cards, Linda - and perfect for both occasions!!

Jean said...

These are both a lot of fun!

Leslie Miller said...

You aced the challenge with these two cards, Linda! I especially like the idea of your second card as a congratulations on your friend, Maria, achieving her citizenship. Clever! Your first is one of those hard to make masculine cards, but yours turned out just perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer!

Dawn T said...

Awesome two cards Linda. The one for your chorus member is really pretty and I'm sure she loved it.

Rosemary said...

Another fabulous set of cards, Linda! Great take on the Two-fer challenge!

Cindy C. said...

So clever, two great designs using the same star die!
Thanks for stopping by my blog Linda, Bonnidee is a local stamp store here in Montreal, and they have their own line of stamps.

Darnell said...

Two great starry cards, Cheryl! Both recipients will feel like the stars they are! Happy Birthday to your brother and congratulations to your friend from chorus who became a US citizen! She will treasure your card celebrating this incredible event in her life!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #13! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous twofer Linda.

Loll said...

Wonderful star cards Linda! Your friend Maria is going to love her congrats card for becoming a USA citizen. It's such an exciting time for her! Your brother will love that his is a star on his birthday! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

Greta said...

You really nailed the challenge, Linda! Love both cards & so fun to see how different they look even with the same star die!

Kara Lynne said...

Two great designs, Linda! I love that you had a special occasion for your congrats card. I'm sure it will be treasured! The orange birthday star really pops on your starry background. Great job making a collage. I tried that yesterday in Pixler to no avail. I guess I need to research that more. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

JD/ Jill said...

Two wonderful card for this challenge! Very nicely done!