Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Hey everyone - hope you're having a wonderful Valentine's Day! My mom's favorite day of the year since I was born that day - LOL. She'll always remember my birthday because her Valentine celebration was interrupted when her water broke! As first babies often do, I arrived a few weeks early - surprise, surprise.

Mom & Dad are getting the birdie Valentine I made for the January Twofer Card Challenge. Here are the other Valentines I made this year:





I used a new Memory Box die for many of the cards - Butterfly Heart Frame, minus the butterfly. What a gorgeous die and it cuts beautifully! The yummy stained glass heart is a new cling stamp from Taylored Expressions - Big Heart. I can't resist adding heart stuff to my stash and this year was no exception!! Other supplies were Hero Arts Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies and a retired Valentine clear set, Copic Markers and various stickers and papers. I sent my friend Heather a Valentine too - I'm afraid it's still in transit somewhere over the Atlantic....

I die cut the heart frame from three different colors, then mixed and matched them. I just love the different looks you can achieve just by switching the papers! I saved the narrow hearts that cut when I cut the frame and the pierced heart at the same time - using them for a card of their own.

Finally, here's a Valentine birthday card I made for my birthday twin, Lynn:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Patterned papers by unknown
Stamps - Penny Black Sweetheart & Hero Arts sentiment stamps (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; puffy heart sticker 


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! PS - How are you doing on your CAS Christmas card using the PEACE theme? We'll be doing a reminder post (I'm a guest designer this month) on the 17th and you have until the 24th to enter. I'm already behind on my 2019 Christmas card production but playing at CAS Christmas will certainly help me! Hope to see you there!!

8 comments:

Betty said...

happy birthday and happy valentine's day, Linda!! hope you have a wonderful day and love all your pretty valentines!

Lin said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! Love your sweet assortment of cards for Valentine's day!

Jean said...

Happy Birthday! So many lovely cards!

!neke said...

Gefeliciteerd ! Happy birthday !
Great card !
X Ineke

Rosemary said...

Happy birthday, Linda! Your valentines are absolutely fabulous!

Greta said...

Thought of you this morning as I always remember your BD was so close to mine. Hope you had a wonderful day, Linda! Beautiful variety of Valentines! I especially love the 2nd card--so unique!

CinnamonSally said...

Happy Birthday Linda, hope you have a great day. Love all your cards, valentine is such a great subject to make cards for.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Linda. Hope you had a lovely Valentines and a great birthday.