Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, September 10, 2018

Twofer Challenge Leaves - Guest Designer!!

Hey everyone - I'm excited to be a Guest Designer on the Twofer Card Challenge this month!! I won the July Beverage Challenge with my champagne cards here. This month, get ready for some fun with leaves.


I'm not quite ready for fall so my cards have more summery leaves on them. I actually ended up using die cut leaves from two different Spellbinders sets on both cards:


You probably can spot the leaf die cuts I used - they're around the outside of the leafy wreath at left. They popped up at the end of the branch in the card at right. The sprig of leaves also found its way onto both cards. Here's a closer look:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts pool; Paper Studio yello
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; scrap of vellum
Stamps - Hero Arts CL772 Written in the Stars (sentiment - retired)
My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints (scalloped border -retired)
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts black ink

For this card I started with the leafy monogram frame from the Royal Monogram set (die cut from a green vellum), then added sprigs from the Flower Garden and leaves from Sweet Tweets. Finally added the flowers and a sentiment circle. It was missing something so I added the scalloped panel die cut from some Blueprints set - not sure which one....

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio green and red,
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White,
Lawn Fawn Plaid, scrap of kraft, scrap of marbled Yupo
Stamps - Hero Arts CL342 Everyday Messages (retired)
Dies - Spellbinders Sweet Tweets & Flower Garden
Stencils - Tim Holtz Mini-Stencils Set 10
Other - Copic Markers; Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide ink;
Hero Arts black ink

The die cut pieces to this card are all part of Sweet Tweets, except the sprig in the birdie's mouth. The sprig came from the Flower Garden die set. I die cut the sprig from a scrap of Yupo I had marbled with alcohol inks. To form the card I simply cut two of the scalloped panels and scored the back one to adhere to the front one. I mostly cut the scene bits from white paper, except the roof, leaves and heart. Colored the bird house yellow and then stenciled it with Distress Oxide ink. Also stenciled the branch. I colored the bird to be a bluebird, following a photo from the Internet - sorta looks right?!


Thanks to Darnell and crew at the Twofer Card Challenge for having me Guest Design this month! I just love that challenge and am glad to be sharing inspiration this month! Be sure to stop by and see the rest of the beautiful creations by the team. Hope to see your cards in the pool too!

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty week!!


16 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Love your designs Linda, two very pretty cards.

Susanne Vargas said...

So happy to have you and your sweet cards Guest Designing this month! The way you used your leaves is very creative! The little wreath with the yellow flowers is adorable! The birdie sitting on the leafy branch in front of the cute house is so pretty! Adore the summery feel of your cards, not ready for Fall either...

Anita in France said...

These are both so wonderfully summery, Linda ... you've created such a pretty, layered, leafy wreath ... it's fabulous with the delicate die cut border! Your little bird house scene is adorable ... that bright bird and his heart house are so sweet on that leafy branch! Thanks so much for inspiring our players as our Guest Designer at Twofer this month! Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

What wonderful cards, Linda! So fun to see two different die cuts used on both of your cards. Your wreath of leaves and flowers has great texture and depth. Fantastic job creating that bluebird - she's perfect, and I love that she's got that little sprig in her mouth. Thanks so much for guest designing for the Twofer Card Challenge this month!

Betty said...

congrats on your GD spot, Linda - two wonderful card!!

Brenda said...

What fun summery cards for the Twofer Challenge! I love that you went summery, the wreath card is so pretty with the flowers and leaves. I love the summery colors of yellow, blue and green. The cute sprig of leaves going around is so sweet and fills in well with your other leaves. Love it! Your birdie card is just so sweet! I hate to give up summer and the summer birds. lol I love to hear them sing early in the morning. You have created a sweet scene with this beautiful bird, I love the branch and house but I really love that you used both of the leaves on both cards. Very cute cards! Hugs, Brenda

Lin said...

Linda, I ADORE everything about your bird card - love the patterns you brought in! And your little thank you wreath couldn't be sweeter! Congrats on the GD gig!

Darnell said...

Thank YOU for being our Guest Designer, Linda, and for your constant support of our challenge! Your leafy designs are both bright and colorful and I love them! I can attest to how gorgeous the sweet little mama birdie and her bird house are in real life! Thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

Connie said...

You make lovely cards. I'm kinda new to paper scrapping. I have all the supplies I will ever need. Using them is a different matter and I need to get busier. It's so fun to play with paper!

Cindy C. said...

Both cards so lovely Linda!! Congrats to being Guest Designer on Twofer Card Challenge!

Loll said...

Two adorable leafy cards Linda! Love your pretty wreath using two different die-cuts leaves and those lovely flowers. Looks so beautiful popped on top of the gorgeous blue background.

Your second card is SWEET!! The green plaid background looks awesome with the birdhouse with large heart. The bird is adorable!!

Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month at Twofer Card Challenge!

Dawn T said...

two stunners Linda. So different. Love this idea of using the same supplies to make two different cards.

Rosemary said...

first... congrats on being a guest designer! and second... your cards are fantastic!!

Greta said...

Congrats on the win, Linda! Your GD cards are wonderful--so different with the same leaves!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both of your cards are so well designed and gorgeous! Congratulations on the guest designer spot too.

Jenny L said...

Hi Linda,
congrats on your GD spot.
Your cards are so very wonderful and the designs are so cute and very wonderfully created.
I love them both.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.