Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Gingerbread couple for an anniversary

Happy Sunday! Here in Minnesota we're eagerly awaiting the big play-off game: Vikings vs the Saints. Since we're hosting the Super Bowl in a few weeks, we're hoping the Vikings get to play!! Meanwhile, I'm popping in to share an anniversary card I made for my aunt & uncle who're celebrating 35 years together. My aunt called to say they received the card in yesterday's mail so I'm free to post it.

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio brown & turquoise; BoBunny Woodland Winter; Lawn Fawn Knit Picky
Stamp - Hero Arts CL272 All Occasion Messages (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 13; Hero Arts DI334 Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies
QuicKutz gingerbread people (retired)
Other - ribbon from a My Monthly Hero kit, Ground Espresso Distress Ink

Last fall I die cut a bunch of gingerbread people from some scraps of brown. Used a couple on this card, but the rest were looking for a home. I decided a couple would be cute on an anniversary card. I edged them with a bit of Distress Ink for some pop. Given a winter anniversary, I chose paper from wintery collections. Some die cutting, a stamped sentiment, small bow, & done!

Thanks for stopping & be sure to check back tomorrow to see my card for the next Merry Monday challenge. GO VIKINGS!!

8 comments:

Betty said...

how cute - your aunt and uncle must have loved it!

Betty said...

WOW - what an ending to that Vikings game!!! love it!!!

Cindy C. said...

OH such sweet card!!

Greta said...

What a great January anniversary card, Linda! The papers & the gingerbread men are perfect! Boy oh boy--thought it wasn't going to happen & then they won after all! We think it'd be so cool to have a home game for the Super Bowl, so with our team out we cheered for the Vikings. Can only imagine what Minneapolis is going to be like this week--so fun!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow cute card Linda, love the gingerbread men!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

An adorable design Linda that is inspired! Love it when we can find a use for things that we have lying around! Have a fabulous week! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Rosemary said...

oh what a cute, cute card, linda!! the little gingerbread couple is just adorable!! (not following football at all, but congrats to the Vikings on their win yesterday!)

Bonnie said...

Such a sweet gingerbread pair, Linda! A wonderful idea for an anniversary card!