Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Some Christmas trees & my helper

OK - I've had some requests to post some holiday decoration photos so here they are. I don't decorate the outdoors at all but I usually put a tree in front of the living room window and a trio of lighted candles in the family room window. These can be seen from the street by passersby.

I bought this slim pre-lit artificial tree a couple years ago - a perfect fit in the corner by the family room staircase. This year I decided to give it the spot in front of the living room window - looks great in the center panel of a three panel window.


One of Mom's friends made the tree skirt. My brother gave me the topper - a crystal angel that he didn't need anymore. Most of the ornaments are by Hallmark but I also have a few on there from other companies. One - Newbridge Silver in Ireland - Heather sent me a couple (thanks again!!) and I bought one when I visited her in 2014. Another - Chico's (the clothing store) who has offered several beautiful metal and bead ornaments over the years. I love to open all the boxes and appreciate all the details of each ornament. Quite a few play music including "Feliz Navidad", "Santa Baby", "I've Been Everywhere", and my favorite - "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". Every day I go around the tree pressing the buttons and singing along as the ornaments play. My brother's cat Misty was visiting me and "helping" with the decorating (she didn't bother the tree or play with the ornaments, thankfully). Here she is supervising from one of my packing crates:


One last "tree" - this one sits on the kitchen table. It has a cookie cutter for a topper, reminiscent of the antique star cutter I use for my almond shortbread cookies. The tree and the ornaments are all by Hallmark.


I have other decorations put around but didn't photograph them. There's plenty more I haven't put out but I wanted to get some decorating done because my brother and sister-in-law came to get Misty (boo-hoo) last night and I fixed them dinner. Donna makes lefse so she brought a large bundle of them. Brother wanted lutefisk so I picked some up at the grocery - very easy in Minnesota this time of year - LOL. Despite being of Norwegian descent, Donna doesn't touch lutefisk - that's why she wanted me to make it for my brother. She ended up with some rotisserie chicken; that way I didn't have to make Swedish meatballs (what we usual serve the non-lutefisk eaters). They will be with her family for the holidays this year so I enjoyed fixing a holiday dinner for them now.

No cards to share today - I've been working on getting my Christmas cards ready to mail. When I made my Merry Monday cards throughout the year, I didn't do the insides. I'm mass producing the insides with the help of the MISTI. I already have the cards in piles of horizontal vs vertical orientation and by theme. Hope this is a good plan - it worked great for the first batch! Wish me luck and thanks for stopping!!

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing your decorations! I'm glad you could enjoy your visit with your brother and sister-in-law.

Lin said...

So fun to see how you decorate, Linda! I enjoyed your post! We've decided not to put up our 9' tree this year - it takes so much time to get it decorated, and we have too much travelling this year to enjoy it, but I will decorate the rest of the house. Hopefully I can start tomorrow. Christmas cards? You're way ahead of me.....they are next on the list after the decorating!

Betty said...

how fun to see how you've decorated Linda - and love the pic of your supervisor!! i'm no expert on swedish meatballs but the ones i had from Ikea i thought were pretty good. tomorrow is my day to put up the nativity, wreath on the door, buy a poinsettia and done and dusted. christmas letter on the agenda for the weendend.

Cindy C. said...

Such a darling tree!! Thanks for sharing Linda!

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous decorations Linda, we are not putting ours up yet as we have some building work being done, they will have to wait as we will have a dusty house for a while.

Karen L K said...

Thanks so much for sharing your fun decor! Love your two trees!

stampingandstitching said...

What a fun post, Linda! Love having a peek at your gorgeous and cute Christmas decorations and lol Misty looks like she's doing a great job supervising your work!

It's looking very green outside your window - no snow yet? We haven't started decorating yet, maybe next weekend, but I have Christmas songs playing in the car everyday (lol the poor lads get it on the way to school) and tonight we're settling down to watch a favorite programme that has been on every year since I can remember - The Late Late Toy Show. I think some hot chocolate and treats are in order:) Thanks for sharing and making me feel even more Christmassy:) :) :)

Greta said...

I've gotta get cards signed & addressed--don't do the insides as I go, either--keep thinking I should, though! Love seeing your decorations--got mine finished today & love the lights now that it's dark. The kitty picture is just adorable! Fritz sniffed as I was taking things out of the boxes, but then just laid in his bed for a nap! Nice to have a 3 yr old who doesn't get into stuff!

Jean said...

Your trees are lovely - I've never seen anything before like that skinny tree - how fun!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your brother's cat looks very similar to my cat. Your decor looks great, very festive!