Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, November 7, 2016

Outdoor Winter Fun


Hi everyone and a Merry Monday to you!! This week at Merry Monday, Colleen challenges us to create a Christmas card with a winter activity on it. I knew right away that I'd pull out the darling Whimsy stamp with a polar bear and three penguin friends on a toboggan. I first learned of Whimsy Stamps via a former Merry Monday Design Team member Kristie. She made an adorable penguin card for one of the challenges last year and I couldn't resist ordering the set she used, plus a few other winter stamps.

My siblings & I spent many happy winter hours tobogganing on the steep rolling hills around my cousins' house. And I've heard my Dad's story many times of him & his cousins taking a toboggan down the nearby hills. They headed towards a tree and all but one rider bailed. The crashed rider (broken arm) and toboggan meant no more fun for them that day! I decided to make a slider card but since I didn't have a channel die, I just used a hillside die cut twice. Here are three views to show the toboggan sliding downhill:

penguin bear sled at top

penguin bear sled mid way

penguin bear sled at bottom
Supplies: Stamps - Whimsy Stamps Snow Fun & Hero Arts CL983 Holiday Messages and Tags
Dies - Hero Arts DI318 Holiday Tags Frame Cuts & Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders; snowflake by ?
Inks - Ranger Archival Watering Can (Wendy Vecchi); Tim Holtz Distress Ink Fired Brick
Paper - BoBunny  Tis the Season Collection (6x6), Neenah Solar White
Other - foam tape, Copic Markers, Hero Arts red metallic accents, Michaels gem,
3M plastic furniture disks (I sandwiched two together to make a button for the slider).

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the inspiration at Merry Monday - the Design Team created some fabulous cards with this weeks theme! Only a few weeks until it'll be time to start mailing out our Christmas cards - I think I'm ready!!


19 comments:

Linda said...

Linda, this is so adorable. Great card for the challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Jean said...

Absolutely perfect for the challenge and a great use of the slider!

Erika said...

How Fun!!! This card is so adorable and cute.

CinnamonSally said...

Wow amazing slider card , full of action and so cute.

Lin said...

Too cute, Linda! I remember how it felt to zoom down a sleep slope like this, and you've captured that feeling! Fun card!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful slider card Linda, so full of fun and action!

Bonnie said...

Wow, Linda! This is amazing! Not only a darling image but a fun interactive card too! It's always fun to see what you'll bring to Merry Monday!

Betty said...

wow - how cool that you made your card into a slider with those cute little creatures!!

Marcia Hill said...

What an absolutely adorable card Linda...love it! Those faces are just too cute and I love that the card is interactive!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Jennilee said...

I haven't joined in Merry Monday (yet!), but I enjoy looking at the challenges and the cards everyone makes. When I saw this one, I knew I would have to comment! What a sweet, fun, and adorable card! I absolutely love that you made it a slider card and the little critters are just too cute! Great job!

Greta said...

Oh wow--you're so creative, Linda! Absolutely darling card!

Mindy said...

This is so clever! I always forget to do fun cards like this. I always focus on coloring. Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen L K said...

Cute & clever!

SonjaK said...

Now that looks like a whole lotta outdoor fun! Love your scene. And the fact that it's an interactive card is a great bonus.

Cindy C. said...

Super fun and creative!! And fabulous coloring too!!

Paperesse said...

What an awesome design for a slider card!!!

PJ said...

Lovely sled card. I like the placement you chose for the sentiment and the snowflake.
pjs-projects.blogspot.com

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Linda, I love all the fabulous details. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Essie said...

just too cute!!!