Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Welcome Baby Lila Grace!

I can't believe I'm posting two days in a row - yay for me! 

One of the fabulous Hero Arts designers, Jennifer McGuire, had a new baby girl on Mother's Day - congrats Jennifer and family!!  A friend of hers, Jana Millen, organized an online card gallery to welcome Lila Grace and I finally had a chance to contribute something.  I've met Jennifer at several ScrapFests (hosted annually by Archiver's) where she's done some delightful classes along with the amazing Shari Carroll.  I've also taken quite a few of Jennifer's Online Card Classes.  What a talented woman - I could go on forever...

Here's my card:
Baby Lila
I used Hero Arts layering paper for the card base, stamped with the Chevron Background, a Hero Arts/Studio Calico collaboration, with HA's bubblegum mid-tone ink.  This is a new stamp for me and I just loooove it!  Lila's name is stamped with Hero Art's Fancy Letters and the sentiment is from Find Joy.   The butterfly is Soft Wings from Penny Black; I stamped it with the custom stamp pad I made during Tim Holtz' Creative Chemistry 101 class. 

So, welcome Lila Grace!  May you have a long and wonderful life!!

Hope you're having a fun and crafty weekend - thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Barb said...

Awesome card for Lila, Linda! Love the bold background and that gorgeous butterfly! The fancy letters look so beautiful too!

Sue McRae said...

Love that big butterfly and all its wonderful colours Linda!

Brenda said...

Love your beautiful big butterfly with its blingy trail! I know that Jennifer will love it!

Maureen Morton said...

Lovely card for a a lovely little lady - great butterfly, especially against that bright background. Will bring smiles to Mom and baby, for sure.

stampingandstitching said...

Oh what a fabulous card, Linda! Love the bright background and your butterfly with the sparkly trail is wonderful - the custom stamp pad you made is brilliant for it!

Jennifer said...

i love butterflies and love the bright colors - so happy!