Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, December 1, 2019

One more Santa card

Hi all - hope you've recovered from Thanksgiving dinner if you celebrated on Thursday. We finally finished the leftovers today - wow, that store-bought meal was supposed to feed 8 but I think we fed about 14 over several days! Of course I went and bought an extra pumpkin pie on Friday because my mom loves Hyvee's (a grocery chain) pies. My sister-in-law had brought a chocolate pudding pie and a pumpkin pie to Thanksgiving but we gobbled both up quickly!!

I'm back with another Santa card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Jo inspired me with her masking so I had a go with a freebie stamp set I got with a UK magazine. I went to Barnes and Noble for a new book released on Tuesday and found myself picking up several UK craft magazines with the freebie stuff. Luckily I'm a card member there so get a 10% discount!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints Stitched Rectangle (retired)
Stamps - Santa's Workshop freebie from the 10/19 edition of Crafts Beautiful;
Hero Arts CL722 Merry Christmas Messages (sentiment) - retired but can often be found at Michael's
Inks - Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky
Other - Viva Perlen-pen; Copic Markers

Challenge #24 - Show Us Your Santas
I stamped and colored the Santa sleigh and reindeer, then masked off both and filled in the sky with Distress Oxide inks applied with a Picket Fence life changing brush (works well with these inks on the right paper). I tried to flick some sparkly snow onto the sky and managed a few specks. Impatient, I took my watercolor brush and just dabbled around with the perlen-pen goop. Not the best but not bad either! Santa's just taking off from a rooftop in case you wondered about the white at bottom. I hand-drew the reins.

That's it for today! I've already written out twenty Christmas cards to mail so I'm well ahead of last year!! Now off to decorate.... Enjoy the rest of the weekend and thanks for stopping!

8 comments:

Jean said...

Super cute - terrific job on the masking!

Cat Craig said...

Darling card LInda, great job on the masking.

Betty said...

how adorable, Linda - the blue blended background is great with colorful Santa and reindeer

Dawn T said...

totally adorable Linda. Well done on getting your cards written... that will be tonight's task.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous Santa image and I love your masking and colouring! I've just realised that making the cards is the fun bit, writing them is less entertaining! Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

Rosemary said...

Love your fun Santa and sleigh image, Linda! Your coloring is wonderful!

Greta said...

Oh how cute, Linda! So great your family can be together for holidays!

ionabunny said...

Fun santa and lovely reindeer. Love your sky scene. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz