Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Last Minute Christmas Madness?

Hi all - hope you're having a great holiday season! Have you been out and about on this Christmas Eve day? I visited three stores, each one a madhouse! But, it had to be done to get ready for all the festivities tomorrow. I still had time to craft though. Over at Christmas Kickstart, Jo announced an Anything Goes Challenge or "last minute madness" for those final holiday cards. Well, don't need any for this year but it never hurts to get a jumpstart on next year's stash! Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Paper Studio red & glitter;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; pp from an old Simon Says Stamp kit
Stamps - Hero Arts Origami Happy Holiday (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints rectangle;
Ink - Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Oxide 

I bought the darling Lawn Fawn light bulbs die at my favorite LSS Anchor Paper  a couple weeks ago. Finally had a chance to use it last night and this afternoon to craft a simple string with some glitter paper layered onto white then green. I ruffled through quite a few paper pads before settling on the perfect sheet for the background. There was only one of these sheets and, of course, I blobbed the sentiment after stamping. Covered it by stamping a new sentiment on a white strip, then matting on red paper. This time I let the ink dry longer after stamping!!


Just a quick post today. I hope to be back tomorrow with a Christmas post of my holiday trees - just need to get my photos sorted.... If you don't make it back, I'll wish you a Merry Christmas now. Thanks for stopping and thanks to Jo for cramming in one last challenge for this year!!

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Super fun Christmas card, Linda!

Greta said...

This is just darling, Linda--love the sparkle!

Jean said...

I love the workaround - it looks intentional!

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Linda, love the sparkle on your card! Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Jo x