Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Cardinals in birch trees

Happy Sunday everyone - looking forward to another Vikings play-off game tonight! Meanwhile, I'm sharing a card I made last Sunday for my neighbor who had back surgery this past week. He's an outdoorsman so I thought I'd use a birch panel I've had in my stash since October. Glad to find it a home!!

Supplies: Paper - Poptone Black Licorice; Hero Arts PS567 Floral Mix Folded Cards (aubergine shade) 
Authentique Cozy 6x6; Tim Holtz Wallflower 12x12; scrap of red
Embossing folder - Tim Holtz Alterations Birch Trees
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 13; Impression Obsession Cardinals
Stamp (sentiment) - Hero Arts CL342 Everyday Sayings (retired)
Other - Dusty Concord Distress Ink; colored pencils

I embossed the birches on a piece of Tim Holtz paper with a light text running through it. Then I shadowed the trees with colored pencils for some dimension. I found a small scrap of Authentique birch bark paper, just enough for my sentiment. Whew! I cut a bunch of these birdie diecuts from several colors of scraps. Decided on the red, not only for the pop but because we have cardinals living in our neighborhood, and it is a cardinals die set after all.

Thanks for stopping and I hope you check back tomorrow for another fun Merry Monday challenge!
Skol Vikings!!

6 comments:

Betty said...

neat card Linda with that text background - all set for the big Vikings game tonite??

Rosemary said...

what a fantastic card for your neighbor, linda!! love the way you emphasized the embossed image!!

Cat Craig said...

Linda, this is stunning! Sorry about the Vikings...I am a Saints fan, but was rooting for the Vikings this week hoping they'd have HF for the Superbowl.

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous card Linda, love all the detail.

Lin said...

The text adds such a nice feel to this lovely scene, Linda! And there's just something about the natural elements that always make me smile.......

Greta said...

Oh wow, Linda--this is an artistic masterpiece! Love everything--the cardinals are wonderful! Sure wish they were in the west. We cheered for the Vikings & were sad they lost. Hoping the town still realizes what a great year they had--should be proud, for sure!