Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 1, 2016

Same stamp challenge

Happy Monday and, wow, it's August already!! I'm back with another Christmas card challenge to my friend Heather. We're doing this for July and August while Merry Monday takes a break (remember you can still upload to Lori's Summer Link-up here).

Challenge #5 - Use the same stamp - Penny Black's Snow Family

I know Heather has this stamp because she stamped off a few images and sent them to me to color. Thanks again, Heather!! I have a nice pile of various images to color when I have a chance and this sweet snowman trio caught my eye for this week's challenge. Here's my card:

Snow Family circle

Supplies: Stamps - Penny Black's Snow Family; Hero Arts CL343 Holiday Sayings (sentiment); 
Our Daily Bread Snowflake Background
Dies - Simon Says Stamp Circles (2 sizes); My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 28 (banner)
Ink - Hero Arts Unicorn White; Distress Ink - Salty Ocean
Paper - Card Base by unknown, the Paper Studio glitter paper; Other - Copic Markers

I colored the image Heather sent me with Copic Markers, then die cut it into a circle. I cut a hole in the top of the card base using a smaller circle and stamped it with the snowflake background, then added a glittery border cut using both circles. I adhered the snow family on the inside of the card, then added a sentiment banner across the opening. Here's how it looks propped open:

Seasons Greetings Snow Family

Any snowman image would do if someone is playing along and doesn't have the Snow Family. I can't wait to see what Heather's creates and also what she has in store for me this week!

Happy creating everyone and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

too cute Linda. It is super sweet

stampingandstitching said...

Absolutely adorable, Linda! Beautiful colouring on the snowflake family and I love your design with the image inside the card! The subtle snowflake stamping on the card front is so pretty! I was thinking of using that image for your challenge card this week but used another one. Coincidentally we both went for a red glittery frame:)