Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Hearts for Christmas

Hi all - it's the last week of summer challenges between my friend Heather and me. Still having computer issues with her photo software, she emailed me this week's challenge:

 Include a heart on a Christmas card

How fun is that?! Heather knows that I love all things heart related so this one would be a no-brainer. The darling Lawn Fawn petite paper from the Peace Joy Love 6x6 pad (retired) immediately popped into my mind. It has the words printed throughout along with tiny stars and hearts - perfect! I die cut a stitched rectangle with that paper and then thought of the new Hero Arts Peace Stamp & Cut set. And oh - I also have their Joy and Love sets - woo hoo! Decided to use all three words, just like the paper. Merry Monday had this as challenge (I was the guest designer) back on June 20th so I can link it to Lori's Summer Link-up. Note - the last chance for the link-up is 8/31/16, then the Merry Makers will be back in September with new challenges - Yay!

After die-cutting the 3 words from red glitter paper and arranging them on the Peace Joy Love paper, I thought the paper seemed too busy. I loved its pool color, though, and found a light pool with snowflakes in the Penny Black Holiday Trimmings pad. Here's my card:

peace joy love with hearts

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White, Anchor Paper Black, Paper Studio glitter paper, Penny Black Holiday Trimmings 6x6
Dies - Hero Arts DC187 Peace, DC175 Love and DC169 Stamp & Cut; snowflake from stash, 
Hearts from Sizzix Tim Holtz Crazy Things & My Favorite Things Die-namics Blueprints 20 (from the quilt die); 
Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes (stitched rectangle)

Many thanks to Heather for all the fun challenges this summer! You can find my challenge to her for this week here. I'll look for her cards once she gets her software issue sorted - definitely won't be this week. Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day!!

7 comments:

Dawn T said...

Love this one Linda. It is superb

Betty said...

wonderful card Linda - love everything about it!

Helen Gullett said...

Linda, this is a beautiful Christmas card. LOVE the diecuts sentiments!!

Greta said...

Oh wow--this is a stunner, Linda! Red & blue is beautiful for Christmas & the glitter paper is wonderful!

Sue said...

Beautiful design and colours!

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! Love those sparkly words! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this summer xoxoxo

stampingandstitching said...

Oh fabulous, Linda! Yes I thought you might like the heart challenge :) Love the way the sparkly sentiments and hearts really pop against the pretty and soft snowflake background! Lol I'm still using the resurrected pc for photos and the new one for everything else - let's hope it doesn't die again soon on me:)