Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Christmas Quilt Card

Hi all - Just got home this afternoon from a trip to visit my parents and my aunt & uncle. I headed right to my crafty space to take up Heather's challenge to make a Christmas quilt card. I'm sure she figured I'd go for my Taylored Expressions quilt die - instead I picked a My Favorite Things Die-Namics die set which has some quilt elements. Having cut several to have parts to piece it, I can make more of this type of card - just didn't have time to get 'er done today. Here's my card:

Christmas Quilt
Supplies: Stamp: Hero Arts DC170 Merry Stamp&Cut
Dies: My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20 & 21; Merry die from Sunny Studios "Santa's Helpers" set
Paper: Neenah Solar White; Hero Arts pool card stock (darkest shade); DCWV glitter paper; 
Penny Black "Holiday Trimmings"; scrap of red for the quilt outline.
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fired Brick; Other: foam tape for dimension

Thanks to Heather for the fun challenge and I hope everyone's enjoying the holiday week!! And remember my challenge to Heather this week - I'd love to see your Christmas tree card if you decide to play along!

Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty Linda - did u see that MM is going to have an extra summer challenge??

Greta said...

Beautiful papers--love the look of this card, Linda!

stampingandstitching said...

Lol Linda, you're right I did think you'd use your Taylored Expressions quilt die:) Your card is so pretty! The quilt is gorgeous with the beautiful design and mix of pps! The sparkly sentiment is such a fun and Christmassy touch! Loved seeing what you came up with for the challenge:)

Jean said...

I love the quilt card - great colors and patterns.