Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th & Christmas in July challenge

Happy 4th of July to all celebrating in the USA! I'm sure to be watching the fireworks tonight after a fun day with my family!! Hope you're having a great Monday whatever you're doing!

No Merry Monday today or the rest of this month and next. The Merry Makers have taken the summer off to relax and enjoy family. Wishing them all the best and I thank them for all the inspiration the rest of the year! But what's to be done about continuing the momentum of getting my Christmas card stash ready for December?? My friend Heather Maria has played occasionally in the Merry Monday challenges but her schedule had been too busy lately. She was ready to jump back in, only to discover the hiatus - she offered to throw challenges out to me every week, in lieu of Merry Monday. How great is that?!! I thought it would be fair to throw a challenge back to her! I'm calling the July ones "Christmas in July".

So here's my first challenge to Heather - make a Christmas card with a tree on it. Any tree will do but my sample card today features an artsy Christmas tree. I stamped the tree with a designer woodblock stamp created by Shari Carroll back in 2013 when she was still with Hero Arts - just love this one! And if you happen to need a challenge to keep your Christmas card momentum going, feel free to play along and share your link in a comment. No prizes, nothing formal like a linkup - just a little fun each week.

Peace Joy Love Tree
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Celadon folded card; Lawn Fawn's "Peace Joy Love" 6x6 pad
Stamp - Hero Arts woodblock G5805 Shari's Tree No.3 
Dies - My Favorite Things Double Stitched Rectangles
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Other - Copic Markers; Glossy Accents; 
Distress Stickles (Mustard Seed); Foam tape under the tree for dimension

Can't wait to see what Heather (and anyone else who feels like playing along) creates!! And I'll be looking for her challenge to me so I'll have a second Christmas card done by the end of the week - yay!

Thanks for stopping by and if you need more Christmas inspiration, check out Merry Monday. While there are no current challenges there, you can get loads of ideas from the past ones.

10 comments:

Virginia L. said...

How awesome to play this challenge along with Heather! Love your use of pattern paper with your stamped images! Perfect for Christmas in July! I wish you a Happy 4th of July, Linda! xo

Karen L K said...

So nice of you to come up with some challenges! Happy 4th to you!

stampingandstitching said...

Happy 4th of July, Linda! Hope you have lots of fun celebrating with your family:)

Love your challenge and I seem to have collected quite a few Christmas trees over the years;) Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful colouring on the fun tree and it looks great against the pretty Christmas tree lights background! Love your design and beautiful mix of patterned papers too! Thanks for the fun challenge:)

Lin said...

What a colorful card for Christmas, Linda - love how that black makes the other colors pop! I haven't been doing very well making my Christmas cards, so I believe I'll take you up on this challenge!

Cat Craig said...

How Fun! Love the colorful nature of this card. It reminds me of all the wonderful Christmas shows on tv during my childhood. They all brought smiles of delight just like your card.

Cindy C. said...

What a fun card, and a fun idea to challenge yourself to make Christmas cards!!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. You and Heather will be having fun with challenging each other.

Greta said...

I always loved that tree, but never got it for myself--wonderful card, Linda! Looks like I joined your challenge since both my cards include trees!

Karen L K said...

Technically it is the next Monday but here is one your have a tree on your card challenge.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/56616558@N05/27955087820/in/dateposted-public/

Debbie B said...

Such a fun card! Love the colors, they really pop! Thanks for sharing your information and inspiration!