Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A Furry Christmas

Hi all - my friend Heather has challenged me to make an animal Christmas card this week! How fun is that?! I'm an animal lover and have had many pets over the years, mainly cats. So, I knew my card had to have a cat on it! I picked this darling furry trio image that Heather sent me - thanks, Heather! Here's my card:

Warm Wishes Furry Christmas gate closed
Supplies: Stamps - Simon Says Stamp "Furry Christmas"; Hero Arts with Studio Calico 331232 "Spread Joy"
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20 (stitched rectangle) & 28 (banner); Penny Black gothic gate 51-146; 
Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes (largest stitched rectangle)
Paper - Authentique "Cozy"; kraft and blue cardstock from stash by unknown
Distress Stains - Tarnished Brass; Distress inks Frayed Burlap & Black Soot

Here's a view with the gate folded open:
Warm Wishes gate open

I die cut the blue stitched rectangle and then die cut the gate into it. I masked off all but the gate and painted the gate with the brass stain. Once dry, I popped this piece with foam tape over the white stamped panel I had colored with Copics. The speech bubble was stamped separately (Heather sent me a few on a sheet) so I fussy cut it and popped it with foam tape by the pets. I adhered this all to the woodgrain panel I had die cut with the larger stitched rectangle and put it on a A2 top fold kraft card. Die cut and stamped the sentiment banner - done!

I'm adding this to Lori's Summer Link-up over on Merry Monday, the place to go for inspiration to get your Christmas card stash ready. Merry Monday will be back to challenge us in September, meanwhile I hope you're finding inspiration from Heather's and my challenges!

If you didn't see my challenge to Heather yesterday, find it here - it's emboss/resist and I had fun with it! I look forward to seeing what Heather creates! Thanks for stopping and I hope you're having a crafty week!!

6 comments:

Lin said...

Adorable! Love the gold scrolled gate!!

Betty said...

that gate is so neat and so cute to have the furry friends inside!

!neke said...

How funny this card is !!!!
Love it !!!!!

Ineke X

Greta said...

Oh what an adorable & uniquely designed card, Linda--just love it! You could also enter the SSS flickr challenge since it's Anything Goes & they're giving away 2 $50 gc!

Bonnie said...

Great job coloring this trio, Linda! Love that window and how it opens!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh Linda, how adorable is this?! Beautiful colouring on the furry friends and I just love the cute scene you created with them looking through the gorgeous gate - the brass stain is fab!