Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Another Christmas in July Challenge - Emboss/Resist Technique

Time for another Christmas in July Challenge to my friend Heather (and anyone else playing along).

Challenge #4 - use the Emboss/Resist Technique on your Christmas card


A couple weeks ago, Heather made a delightful blue snowflake card with dry embossing. I was inspired to create a similar card using a stamp & the emboss/resist technique. I made a couple emboss/resist panels and put them on two different colors of card base. Here are the cards:

    Snowflake Happy Holidays  Happy Holidays snowflakes 2
Supplies: Stamps - Urban Stamps "Snowflake Lace"; Hero Arts CL803 Family & Friends (sentiment)
Dies - Spellbinders Holiday Greetings (smallest snowflake); MFT Die-Namics Blueprints 20 (stitched rectangle & banner)
Paper - Anchor Paper purple card; Hero Arts Azure layering paper; Neenah Solar White card stock
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Inks Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, & Wilted Violet; Perfect Medium
Embossing Powder - Detail White by Stampendous; Icy Stickles, Hero Arts Floral mixed accents (gem)

I found this gorgeous snowflake background on a recent visit to CF Stamps while traveling to visit my parents. After stamping the snowflakes with Perfect Medium and heat embossing it with the Detail White powder, I sponged it with the three Distress Inks. Then I die cut the panel with the stitched rectangle, adhered it to a blue mat and onto the card base. I love how changing the position of the die changed the look between the two cards! I die cut the banner, then stamped the sentiment on it using my mini-MISTI. I applied Stickles to one snowflake, plus a gem; to the other I added a sticker snowflake (Hobby Lobby) that already had a gem on it. Although purple is my favorite color, I rather like the aqua version better.

I'm eager to see Heather's beautiful creation and I can't wait to see what she's cooked up for me this week!!

6 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Oh these are two stunning cards, Linda! Love the new stamp you've used and your fab inking showcases how pretty it is! I can't pick a favourite - wonderful use of colours on both! Thanks for the fun challenge using one of my favourite techniques:)

Dawn T said...

OMG These are stunning Linda. Just beautiful. I love them both.

!neke said...

This is just great !!!!!
Love those cards !!!!

Ineke X

Betty said...

both are lovely - the aqua one is my favorite too!

Lin said...

"Snowflake Lace" - what a perfect title for this beauty, Linda! Gorgeous design, and so smart of you to make 2 of these while you had everything out!

Greta said...

They're both beautiful, Linda, but I especially love the purple one with more contrast!