Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

August 2026 Card Chain Reveal

Hey there everyone - time to reveal cards that went around the world for the August 2026 Card Chain Challenge! Twenty-six people participated and you can see the full reveal HERE. My card stayed closer to home this month, going to Linda G in Michigan:


Supplies: Paper - Anchor Paper linen A2 card;
Recollections black cardstock; 
Momenta Gemstone & Tim Holtz Menagerie 8x8" papers
Dies - Waffle Flower Sweet Friend;
Other - Recollections Puffy Sticker
TH Hickory Smoke Distress Ink;
Honey Bee gems

We had the following options when creating our cards:

Color Palette Option

Sketch Option

Theme Options: Elephants and/or Mice / Baking / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Lace / Collage

The colors intrigued me so I tried them - a bit darker than my usual card but I love how it turned out! Thankfully Linda G doesn't hate it - lol. I also went with the sketch, substituting other shapes for the circles & the usual theme of friendship. 

I pulled out a Tim Holtz paper pad for the outline layer to the "Sweet Friend" sentiment and spotted another page with some printed vintage ads in rectangles. I left one as a rectangle and cut the other two down to a small square and diamond shape. The stone (light grey to me) is the card base & pewter is the background layer which I matted in black after inking the edges with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. 

I die cut the "Sweet Friend" from the pewter paper and also from black to give a shadow. Added this to the tan outline layer. Added the sentiment to the pewter layer with foam tape after gluing the shapes directly to the card. Added some tan gems and a puffy sticker Hello.

I got this detailed and adorable elephant shaped card from the sweet & talented, Julia (Create with Me) in MA. She hasn't been my sender in the chain since March 2025 so I was delighted to receive her adorable Clarence! She also sent some lovely papers to use on future projects. Thanks Julia!!


Wonder how I got that purplish glow in the photo? There was a Zevo bug trap plugged into the wall behind my end table - lol.

Want to join in the Card Chain? You just make and mail one card! Go HERE by Sept. 6th for details on the September chain. Loads of fun and you get a fabulous piece of happy mail in the process!!

That's it for today, friends. Thanks for visiting and have a crafty day!!






5 comments:

papierelle said...

Wow, your implementation of the sketch is absolutely amazing!!! I'm thrilled!!

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done and a great take on the sketch! And what a fun card you reveived in return!

Lisa Elton said...

Great use of the colors, Linda this is just terrific!

Julia Aston said...

Great job using the colors AND sketch, Linda! Love that sentiment with the fitted background and your interesting images on the squares! I'm glad you are enjoying Clarence! Julia xx

Angelnorth said...

Looks very stylish and sophisticated in the more muted colours Linda, love your take on the sketch too (I’m far too literal when I follow a sketch, must take a leaf out of your book!).