Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Santa Window

Hey crafty friends - hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend if you celebrated 4th of July. Low key for me - watched the Twins beat the White Sox in baseball & didn't even watch fireworks this year. I got back into the swing of things after the holiday by making a Santa card for the July CAS Christmas Challenge.

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card;
Neenah White; Paper Studio red
Stamps - Art Impressions Santa Window
Dies - Hero Arts Square Infinity Dies
Other - Copic Markers;

Stamped and colored the Santa Window image, then die cut with a square die and matted in red. Added to A2 card oriented as a diamond along with a sentiment strip cut into two pieces. That's it - very quick and easy!

I'm always a bit confused by that "bubble" above Santa when I look at this image. On the AI site it's colored white/grey like a hill. To me it looks like Santa's lumpy gift sack so that's how I colored it. Very quick coloring but I was in a hurry, I guess... I can't find any other cards made with this stamp but I'm pretty sure I've used it at least once since its 2014 release. I love Rudolph peeking over Santa's shoulder.

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!! And remember - we're doing "Christmas in July" over at Die Cut Divas if you want to join us!!



14 comments:

Jean said...

A very fun take on a window card and the reverse type sentiment works perfectly with the card design.

Betty said...

cute card, Linda!

Lisa Elton said...

So cute, Linda and so happy to see it in our CAS Christmas gallery! Does mumbling under your breath about all of the crazy people in your neighborhood shooting off BIG fireworks for HOURS take away from being a good girl??!!

Trina P. said...

Happy belated 4th of July to you. This is adorable. Cool stamp and fun sentiment, too.

Trina P. said...

Me again… thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

papierelle said...

I can answer the question with an unequivocal YES ... *smile.
A very funny card in the CAS-Style.

Rosemary said...

Fabulous Chriatmas card, Linda. That stamp is so neat!

Dawn T said...

just gorgeous Linda. Fabulous card

Loll said...

This is such a cute card Linda. Love the sentiment ... have you been a good girl??!! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Very sweet Santa Window, Linda! Beautiful Copic coloring and I love all the details...especially your fun sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

HilaryJane said...

Great card Linda. Love the idea of turning it onto the corner. It certainly brings a smile. I agree that looks like Santa's sack xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

A cute Santa card, Linda! Love the diamond shaped panel matted in red! It looks sharp and good with the black sentiment strips and the white textured background. I had a low key holiday weekend and made a few cards. ;-)
Thanks so much for sharing your sweet Santa with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

love your little Santa and Reindeer. Great layout with the image as a diamond. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥

Greta said...

Very cute card!