Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day

Hi all - I'm here with a Father's Day card I made my sweet dad. We'll be celebrating later today, probably by cooking something on the grill and playing Phase 10, a card game we love. Here's my card to Dad:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle Shimmer Blue A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black; Hero Arts blue; 
Basic Grey Bowties plaid; yellow scrap from an Authentique pad
Stamps - Hero Arts Dad's Day (retired)
Silhouette Design 61555 Happy Father's Day Phrase by Kolette Hall
Die - MFT Blueprints rectangle (retired)

I used a 2009 stamp set for the tools; it's long retired but I still love it! I stamped the tools and colored with Copics, adding glossy accents to the metal parts. I cut the sentiment on the Silhouette twice with black and with blue so I could mix & match and add shadows. The sentiment background came with the file and I cut it in white, then popped it with foam tape.

That's it for today. Hope you're having a wonderful if celebrating!!

5 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Great design Linda!! Wishing you all a great Father's Day!

Betty said...

have a fun day with your Dad and I know he'll love your great card!

Rosemary said...

what a wonderful card for your dad, linda! have a lovely day with him!

Greta said...

What a great Father's Day card, Linda! So wonderful you get to spend the day with your dad--hope you had fun!

Jean said...

A special card indeed!