Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, July 12, 2018

More CAS poinsettias

Hey there - decided to continue working on my Christmas card stash. At the CAS Christmas Card Challenge they're using poinsettias and I couldn't resist having another go.


I spotted a set of cling border stamps (gift from dear friend Heather- thanks again!!), one of which has a Scandinavian poinsettia image. Thought it would make a cute CAS card. I stamped a dashed line underneath and it went wonky so I cut it off using a stitched rectangle. This meant my border was way at the bottom, oh well. Added it to a card base, cut and pasted a Christmas die and stamped the word Merry - done!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Michael's green
Ink - Hero Arts Red Royal
Dies - Pink and Main Merry Christmas
My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (stitched rectangle) - retired
Stamps - Hero Arts  DC116 Fancy Cut Christmas (merry) - retired
Urban Stamps Tall Urban Stamp - Craft Christmas 
Other - yellow pencil; green metallic dot

I stamped a another card base with the poinsettia border where I wanted it in the first place and decided to skip another attempt at the dashed line. This time I used a lighter red ink and added gold dots to the centers. Just love what a subtly different look this gave the border! Added both a Merry and a Christmas diecut and thought it needed something. Found some poinsettia leaves and tucked them by the Merry. Thought it looked dumb so I removed them, added a poinsettia I stamped when making this card, and tucked the diecut leaves behind. Better! Note: the layered poinsettia will be in the Hero Arts winter catalog not released yet but Ellen Hutson carries it online already as an early release. I linked to it below in the supply list.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb
Authentique scraps of green; Paper Studio glitter
Stamps - Hero Arts CM280 Color Layering Poinsettia
Urban Stamps Tall Urban Stamp - Craft Christmas 
Inks - various My Monthly Hero shades of red and green
Other - metallic gold pen; white gel pen

That's it for today. I'm linking only the first card since the second is kind of a hybrid of my two earlier cards and maybe a bit busy for CAS? That way I'll still have an entry in case I want to play one more time before the deadline (max of three entries) at CAS Christmas - LOL! Thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Both so pretty!! Greap application of the border stamp!

Betty said...

great cards, Linda - that new HA poinsettia is a "must have" i think!

Rosemary said...

another fabulous set of cards, linda! you are absolutely rocking this challenge!

Bonnie said...

I love both these cards, Linda! I love all the white space on the first card that lets the pretty border and sentiment shine! The poinsettia on the second card is gorgeous! I love how the poinsettia border finishes the design so well! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

Two fantastic card designs Linda. Love that sweet poinsettia border ... so pretty in the different shades you've used and those gold centers are a lovely touch on the second card. Feels good to get two done at once, doesn't it??!! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Dawn T said...

Two stunners Linda. The poinsettia border turned out amazing on both card.

CinnamonSally said...

Wow both cards are lovely Linda, love that Scandinavian poinsettia stamp.

Greta said...

I like them both, Linda & you're really keeping up on Christmas cards! I need to get back to doing more of them, especially since they're my favorite to make.

Christine Alexander said...

Both cards are so pretty, I love the border it's a great frame for the poinsettia. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Susan said...

Two great cards for our poinsettia challenge! Love the little border on the first one, and the bold green of "Christmas" with the red of the "merry" matching the poinsettias. And great combination of the little border with a single big poinsettia. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!