Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, October 2, 2017

Merry Monday #259 - Christmas Tree

Hi everyone! Deanne brings us Merry Monday Challenge #259 to add a Christmas Tree to your card.


Wow - love all the lights on the inspiration tree! Here's my take:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 green card, Authentique Festive 6x6, 
My Mind's Eye Merry Little Christmas 6x6, scrap of Simon Says Stamp 12/2015 card kit paper
Sticker - Doodlebug Designs 3051 O'Christmas Tree Doodle-pop
Brad - Doodlebug Designs 2039 Gift Wrapped Braddies
Dies - Spellbinders S4-295 Lacy Squares
My Favorite Things Die-namics Blueprints 21 (retired)

I've been determined to use up some of my accumulated crafty stash! This brought me to a Doodlebug Designs scrapbooking kit I've had for ages (copyright 2011 according to the package). Besides some gorgeous papers (12x12 so I'm saving those), the kit contained bunches of yummy stickers and brads. Huh - I can't remember the last time I used a brad! You? Anyway, a cute Doodle-pop Christmas Tree sticker and a present brad became the focal points of my card. The kit's Doodle-pop had gems on it - others I've seen are plain. I spotted a bedazzled tree in a Doodlebug kit at Simon Says Stamp if you want to see it - online stores I checked didn't seem to have single trees in stock.

I decided to show some love to an old set of Spellbinders and cut two lacy squares to layer beneath the tree & present. A stitched rectangle & strip of snowflake paper on a green card, plus a leftover sentiment strip from last week's Merry Monday card - done!

Be sure to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the Merry Monday Design Team and I hope you have a chance to play along this week! I'd love to hear how you're coming on your Christmas card production - playing at Merry Monday will definitely help you along!!

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty week!

13 comments:

!neke said...

Great card !!!!!

Ineke X

Jean said...

Fun combination of patterns and colors!

Linda said...

Lovely card with your pattern papers. Hope you have a great week.

Colleen said...

Fantastic shiny tree, Linda and I love all your layers of papers, that is sure a good way to use up your stash and make a stunning card besides!!

Rosemary said...

Your card is absolutely adorable, Linda!! And YAY for using up our stashes!!!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Linda.

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely made Christmas card! Really like your design!

Marcia Hill said...

What a fun and cute, cute card Linda! LOVE all your DSP and FABULOUS little tree! And no, I haven't used a brad in FOREVER! But I have all kinds of them if I ever need them...it's good to be prepared, right?!! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :0)

Lady Joyful said...

Such a fun layered card! Those papers go beautifully together, and I love that cute little tree!

Greta said...

Wonderful layers--fun card, Linda!

JoAnn said...

Great card. Love those papers and the way your framed the cute tree.

wienerhoneymooners said...

FAB FAB FAB!! Stash use, Totally Awesome!!

Unknown said...

Linda
this is super cute I love all of the different pattern papers. Have a great week