Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Tropical Christmas?!

Happy Saturday - hope you're having a crafty weekend! I finally got a chance to finish a card for this week's Merry Monday challenge. Lori challenged us to make a tropical themed Christmas card. Wow - had to think on that one for a while!

I was in the Silhouette online store last night spending my subscription for this month. Searched on "tropical" and found a bunch of fun designs, including Summer Santa - so adorable I had to download and make him right away. This file comes with a striped blanket but I went with a fun piece of hibiscus paper instead. Here's my card:

sunny holidays
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Cerulean and Sunshine Designer layering papers
Stamps: CL149 Fanciful Swirl alphabet (to stamp out "sunny"); CL 721 Banners and Messages (holidays)
CL270 Sky's the Limit (sun). Other: Silhouette die cut - Summer Santa; Copic Markers,
Stickles & Glossy Accents; Ranger Embossing ink and Stampendous Golden Sand powder

I cut Santa on all white paper and then colored the appropriate bits with Copic Markers - even gave him a hint of sunburn on his nose - LOL. The "sand" was made with embossing powder - it's so shiny in the photo but looks like sand in real life. Anyway, this file has a lot of bits so it took some time to put together - but well worth it.

Now for a Scramble card. Barb G. is hosting over on the Hero Arts Flickr group - her theme today - use an angle. I went for a Starburst stamp I've owned for a while but hadn't inked until today.

                 Birthday rays
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Punch and Cerulean layering papers; Stamps - Hero Arts 330056 Starburst Background (HA w/Studio Calico); CL661 It's Your Day; CL342 Everyday Sayings; CL272 All Occasion Msgs; CL953 Mason Jar Bugs.
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Abandoned Coral, Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron;
Copic Markers; Reflections gem (from Michael's)

 I need more March birthday cards and this will do the trick for one of them. With the colors and butterfly it'll work for a woman friend; I think I'll try to make a masculine version too for a different friend.

Thanks for stopping and have a great rest of the weekend!!

9 comments:

Betty said...

your Santa laying on the beach is a hoot! so cute!!

Bonnie said...

What fun, Linda! I love this sunbathing Santa and his beach towel is perfect! Thanks for sharing him with us at Merry Monday!

Elizabeth said...

Super cute "Suntan Santa"! I love that you gave him a bit of burn on his nose, and his tropical beach towel is a wonderful detail!

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome Santa, love how relaxed he looks. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

!neke said...

Great Santa !

He lives in Australia ????

Virginia L. said...

Your Santa card makes me smile! I wonder what he is up to.... ;)
Your card for the Scramble challenge tuns out so beautifully! Love your clever idea on stamping the sentiment! Always a delight to see your work and visit your blog, Linda! xoxo

Maria Rodriguez said...

Oh my gosh!! I'm sooooo jealous of this Santa!!! what a perfect card for this challenge, love it.
I bet this is what Santa does after finishing his rounds on Christmas Eve, he heads SOUTH!!!!!
Thank you for sharing this fantastic card.
Big hugs,

Maria Rodriguez.

Ashwini Rao said...

Looks like Santa's having fun at the beach! Loving it!

Greta said...

Your Santa made me laugh--cute card, Linda & congrats on the HM at MM!