Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Merry Monday - Red and Gold


Back today with the Merry Monday card I made yesterday but couldn't get uploaded until today. Finally, my computer remembered my camera!

Anyway, enough of my computer woes! The challenge from Bonnie this week is to use red and gold on your Christmas card. What a gorgeous combination and I had fun using a Spellbinders set (Heirloom Reflections) I bought last year but hadn't even opened. I die cut the ornament base with red glitter paper and the topper with a metallic gold paper. I embossed another piece of the metallic gold paper using Sizzix's Holiday Joy set from 2012 and framed it with a red glitter mat. I saved the sentiment for the inside, letting the ornament take center stage. The little bit of gold thread for the hanger came from a felt ornament kit I'm working on - oops, I should be saving it for the kit....

Bad photo - sorry - the card base is red but it looks pink in my photo! Also, the red in the bow matches the card better in real life. Here's my card:

red and gold ornament

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all the inspiration at Merry Monday! This was my first year participating in the Merry Monday challenge and I can't believe how much fun I've had. I feel so prepared coming into the Christmas card season! Thanks Merry Monday!!

10 comments:

Lin said...

Oh so elegant, Linda!! What a beautiful ornament!

Betty said...

wonderful ornament card - love that die - so pretty Linda!

Cindy C. said...

It's a classic beauty!!

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful card Linda, love the dry embossed border and the die cut ornament. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

!neke said...

Linda this is WoW!!!!!!
Great strong color combi!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful ornament, Linda! Those cameras play strange tricks with all that sparkle and shine! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Kim Hall said...

Linda your ornament die cut is just gorgeous. Love all that glitter in the background.

Linda said...

A beautiful card, Linda. Love the gold embossed background and lovely ornament. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Creating with Susan said...

Beautiful ornament!

Notes by Nina said...

Pretty shimmery card, I love all that gold. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.