Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Birthday time

Hi everyone - hope you're enjoying your weekend! We celebrated some October birthdays in my family this weekend. I had fun personalizing the cards and they were a big hit. First up a card for my dad who turned 84:

Happy 84 Dad

I stamped an azure Hero Arts card with their Lines Background cling stamp using Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink. I cut the DAD on the Silhouette and stamped the letters with the same background. I used Tumbled Glass ink, very lightly. Using my MISTI, I stamped the 84 from a Hero Arts alphabet clear set (CL687 Days and Month) with Mermaid Lagoon. Then I positioned the star (from Hero Arts CL582 Year Round Sentiments) over the numbers, picked it up with the MISTI, inked it with Tumbled Glass and stamped over the numbers. Trimmed the star and popped it and the DAD with foam tape. The happy was die cut with Hero Arts Happy Stamp & Cut. I used a Lawn Fawn soft print that I thought looked too light so I colored over it with a Tumbled Glass marker and painted it with Wink of Stella. Added a bit of May Arts' ribbon - done.

I had fun with this card for my sister-in-law Donna who loves turtles and hits the big 50 this year:

50 turtle

The 50, turtle and seaweed were all cut on the Silhouette. I doodled the texture on the turtle using a Distress Marker. I stamped the 50 with Hero Arts' Forest Floor Bold Prints cling stamp for a bit of texture. I stamped Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow upside down to look like bubbles floating up. I tried a piece of blue for the layering but I ended up liking the green so I guess it's a green sea :)

Thanks for stopping!


2 comments:

Dawn T said...

love your turtle card Linda. I must keep this in mind for my son in a few years who turns 30 and also loves Turtles.

stampingandstitching said...

Wonderful birthday cards, Linda! I love the gorgeous colour combination and fun design on your dad's card! Your turtle card makes me smile with the creative way you incorporated the turtle with the birthday girl's age and the lovely underwater scene you created! A green sea looks perfect to me:)