Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Time to EMBOSS!!


Hi everyone - it's another Merry Monday challenge - this time from Bonnie. Bonnie wants us to use any kind of embossing on our cards. I just love embossing and have oodles of yummy Christmas folders for dry embossing. Heating embossing powder always gives me a thrill too - such fun to see the powder melt!! Here's my card:
Joy and Merry

I used a Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp and embossing folder set called Joy Merry. It's very subtle but the dry embossing is around the Joy & Merry. I highlighted it with a Copic and also clear embossed the Barn Door Distress ink on just the Joy & Merry. I finished the card with some May Arts ribbon and string twine, plus some Jolee holly.

Thanks for stopping and be sure to check out all the fun at Merry Monday!

4 comments:

conil said...

First, thank you for your kind comments on my GD card at Merry Monday. Secondly, your card is terrific. The embossing is beautifully enhanced against that awesome background. Love how you finished it off with holly & ribbon. Merry Monday is sure to love it.

Lin said...

Gorgeous mix, Linda! The sparkly holly leaves add such a festive touch!

Bonnie said...

I love that you used both kinds of embossing, Linda! And I love that big, sparkly Joy & Merry! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Karren said...

This is so pretty! The background really packs a punch and your colors are so bright and cheery. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.