Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, January 19, 2015

More Christmas cards for 2015

Happy MLK Jr. Day!  Like many in the US, I have today off for the holiday and found some time this morning to make a few more Christmas cards for 2015's stash.  Woo Hoo - I'm now officially 2 months ahead of my planned schedule (4/month) by making three more cards.

First a duo using a fab design block stamp from Hero Arts called Winter Sparkle:

Winter Sparkle duo

I just love all the fun words in this background stamp!  I used a tree from an older clear set Tree-mendous to overstamp on the backgrounds.  I also stamped the card on the left with a subtle Envelope Liner Background to give some texture.  The card base on the right was stamped with Notebook Paper, a fun cling stamp also from Hero Arts.  Papers are from Basic Grey's Evergreen line - love, love, love it!!

I'm building a collection of Lawn Fawn stamps and dies too.  Just love so many of their winter and Christmas stamps and picked up a darling one this month - Winter Bunny, along with the matching die.  Also used their Stitched Hillside Borders on this card - adore this set of 4 borders!!  The tree and the sentiment are from Hero Arts - the Winter Fun comes from a build your own snowman clear set that I bought a few years ago.  The tree is from a clear set called Happy Holidays.

Winter Fun

Through a mention on a card in the Hero Arts Flickr group, I found a blog hosting weekly challenges for making Christmas cards:  Merry Monday.  What a great idea!  I plan to visit them often to keep on track with my Christmas card goal.  This week, the team challenges us to make a card with a house on it.  So, you'll probably see me back later in the week with a house card.  Until then, happy crafting and thanks for stopping!!

No comments: