Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July and an OWH Virtual Card Making Party

Happy 4th of July to all celebrating!  I can hear the fireworks going off at the park about a mile from my house.  But where I am?  Blogging about the OWH Virtual Card Making Party!!

I stopped over at the Hero Arts Flickr Group and spotted a comment about the OWH party.  Off I went to check it out.  The party page listed some challenges by times so I picked the time closest to when I actually visited.  This brought me to JoAnn Ross's blog - a new one for me.  Besides being a talented card maker, JoAnn is a best selling author!  Will definitely have to check out her books, especially the ones set in Ireland - given my recent visit there!!

JoAnn's challenge - to make 2 winter cards, one with traditional holiday colors and another for use any time during the season.  This was a great challenge for me, given that Heather and I decided to make a few holiday cards a month (oops - I'm way behind, but now I have 2 for July!!).  Here are my cards:

Holiday duo

For the card on the left I used the OWH sketch #191 mentioned in JoAnn's challenge.  I stamped the card base with Hero Arts Envelope Liner Background (CG361) using Pine Needles Distress Ink.  The patterned papers are fromTeresa Collins' 6x6 paper pad Santa's List; I stamped the Santa rectangle with Ho! Ho! Ho! from a Hero Arts clear set Holiday Sayings (CL343), a favorite of mine.

For the card on the right I cut a Hero Arts design (Snowflake card) for the Silhouette.  I put one of HA's snowflake gems in the center and matted the panel in white.  I white embossed the sentiment, also from Holiday Sayings.  All three blue dots are Hero Arts metal decor - love them!!

And speaking of Ireland, I still have more to share about the trip Heather and I took into the countryside.  No time for that today but I'll pick up later from when we left our little B&B in Adare.

Thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July, Linda! What a perfect challenge for you - I still have to make my Christmas cards for July....June, May, April, March;) Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! The snowflake looks fab, such a pretty design and I love the colours! Love the gorgeous mix of pps on your other card and your inking and use of the envelope liner background! Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)

Unknown said...

Love your cards, especially the craft card on the right!

Kara said...

Love your vintage Santa & elegant snowflake.

JoAnn Ross said...

Thanks for taking part in my OWH party challenge! Love both the cards and now that's two less you'll have to worry about in December!

On another topic, I love Ireland! My grandparents are from there, so many of the events and tales in those books are from my personal family stories. I hope you had a wonderful trip!

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous cards Linda, and great you have started your Christmas cards already. I usually start mine in August so I have one more month yet!!

Have a great weekend
Sallyx