Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, January 6, 2014

New Hero Arts stamps!

Well, it's been a while since my last post - can't believe it's been over 3 months.  I have been making cards between chorus rehearsals, retreats and shows.  With all the chorus stuff, I finally finished my holiday cards the week of New Year.  Whew - never thought I'd get them all done!!

Right before Christmas, Archiver's (before they announced they're closing) had a Hero Arts 2014 catalog release party.  I bought a bunch of new clear stamp sets and had a chance to get inky with the wonderful CL753 What a Guy that they did for Operation Write Home.  A dear friend, more like a brother-in-law to me, had a birthday on January 3rd so I whipped up this card:

No One Like You

Now, I'm no artist but Doug likes to fish so I decided to free hand draw a lake (or river or whatever) and put the fish in it.  Can you see my little hand drawn fishing line too?  Then I added some trees along the shore and watercolored the sky with a hint of color from a sun rise.  This was attempt two - version one ended up in the dumpster when the mountains I tried to add looked awful.  Seriously awful - LOL.

So hope this give you a little taste of what you can expect when a bunch of us Hero Hostesses have a go with stamps from the 2014 Hero Arts Catalog!  We will be hopping later this month so watch for an announcement on the Hero Arts Blog.  Thanks for stopping!!

3 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Wow Linda, your card for Doug is amazing - he's sure to love it! I love the wonderful scene you created, it's the perfect blend of drawing and stamping! I can't wait to see what you come up with for next week and am really looking forward to hopping with you:)

Cat Craig said...

Linda, fantastic card. I love the personaltouches. It really caught my eye as I was scrolling through my blog feed.

Greta said...

What a neat card, Linda! So sad about Archivers--I was coming to Scrapfest this year.