Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Another Christmas card!

Hi all - was thinking about my new Hero Arts goodies and wondering what to do for the current contest which runs through September 30th.  The challenge - to be inspired at Hero Arts and to use items from the new Holiday & Stamp Your Story catalog.

I just loved Jennifer McGuire's blog post the other day featuring Concentric Stamping.  Link here to her technique article with video.  I really wanted to try this technique with my new stamps.  Here's the card I created:

Peace and Joy

My focal point is a paint splotch from the cling set AC027 My Notebook (love this set!) and from there I built my concentric design using clear stamps from CL725 Borders and Arrows.  I used Hero Arts Soft Granite and Soft Pool inks, plus Tim Holtz's Picked Raspberry Distrss ink.  I decided this looked like a snowflake so made it into a Christmas card!  My sentiment is from a new holiday clear set CL722 Merry Christmas Messages, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  There are so many great sentiments in this set; I can see myself using it often this season and for many to come!

Too bad my photo isn't very vibrant on this cloudy day - I matted my stamped piece with a thin black mat and then a raspberry one (they're kinda blurred together in the photo with the raspberry looking a bit brownish- darn).  I used foam tape to pop it all onto a Tide folded card from Hero Arts (a fave color).  I decided to leave off any bling - this will be a nice flat card for holiday mailing!

Concentric stamping is tons of fun - hope you try it soon!  Of course, Jennifer did some careful drawing of pencil lines before she stamped, while I just eye-balled it.  I don't have a good eraser and couldn't find my vanishing line marker - oh well....  It's not perfect but I like the effect!

Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

4 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

I loved Jennifer's video, too. I've been thinking about what I could do, but you have already done it! And so darn well, Linda! So cool that you offset the technique. Cool holiday colors, too.

Greta said...

Love the look of your card, Linda! I'll have to check out the video.

Virginia L. said...

This is so beautiful, Linda! It's sort of graphic yet so pretty! Love how you used these stamps and make them shine! xoxo

Robin K. said...

Love your mod snowflake Linda!! These colors are great for a Christmas card! Hope you're enjoying Fall:). Have fun at Scrapfest!!!