Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Card Camp - week 1!

I'm really excited to be a student in Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner's Summer Card Camp - a new online 4 wk course.  Today started week 1 and our "homework" is a card with a color combo of purple, pink (a sort of carnation color, looks like), a pale blue, bright orange and white.  Here's the image from class:


Here's what I created:
I used the cute bike clear set CL481 Joy Ride by Hero Arts and stamped in multiple colors on Basic Grey white patterned paper, added some bling and matted on Sweet Threads pp (also Basic Grey) and adhered it to a Hero Arts Mandarin card base.  Ribbon is from May Arts.  Inks used for the bikes:  Distress Inks - Dusty Concord, Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick, and Brilliance Sky Blue ink.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  Thanks for stopping!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Wonderful card, Linda! Nothin' says Summer more than a bike ride! Love what you've done with the colors!

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Linda,
I'm also very happy to be one of the Campers and totally enjoying Summer Camp. I've admire Kristina and Jennifer for quite some time and took a workshop in April with Jen at my LSS -- Ever since I've become a Hero Arts addict and LOVE to add new stamps!!

It'll be nice to see you in Camp and I think we all will have fun! Your card is adorable and a great take on the colors!!

Happy Camping,
Lisa

Laura Tiffany said...

I love the bikes. Too cute! I'm taking the class as well. Class is already so much fun.

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Linda.... I'm still trying to sort out the colours in my mind... there are two half done cards sitting on the desk.... this really is going to be a fun challenging class for me!

Lucille K said...

Hi my fellow summer card camper. Love your colorful bicycles :)

LittleSurferGirl said...

Love the bikes! You did a great job with the color combo...I struggled a bit! Looking forward to a great month!
-Amy Dann

joy said...

Linda, I love this pretty summery card! You did a great job using the colors - I think the next four weeks are gonna' be so much fun.