Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

CAS Christmas Star

Hi all - just a quick post in this busy season! Technically I'm supposed to be finishing the insides of all the Christmas cards I made throughout the year. Reminder - do the insides when you do the card fronts next year!

Today I'm sharing an entry for this month's CAS Christmas Challenge to include a star:



Supplies: Paper - Recollections (Michaels) Pearlized Gold A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Paper Studio glitter paper
Stamps - Hero Arts K5958 Music Star (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-manics Blueprints 20 (retired);
Other - Hero Arts gold embossing powder; Gathered Twigs Distress Ink;
 Darice sequins; Recollections gems

My favorite star is a 2014 wood block star from Hero Arts. My trick on this one is I used a shade of brown distress ink for my embossing (my embossing ink pad was a bit dry). You'd never know it once the gold powder is heated!! I played around with a bunch of ways to add the sentiment but ended up with a simple word die, embellished with a silver sequin star & gem.

That's it for today - thanks for stopping, friends! Back to my Christmas card finishing and mailing!!

13 comments:

Betty said...

lovely card, Linda - and perfect for one of your many musical friends!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Linda! Love that musical star! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous star Linda. So you!

CinnamonSally said...

Love this CAS star card Linda, so elegant!

Cindy C. said...

This elegant CAS design is so pleasing! Oh yes Linda, I share same note too, I was waiting to do the insides of my card depending who I'd sent it, but .... they didn't get done. LOL

Rosemary said...

clean and simple elegance, lisa! love it!

Linda said...

Lovely musical star, Linda. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Susan said...

Love the star with the musical score inside it! It's a wonderful CAS design. And I like the way the sentiment overlaps the star. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful CAS design and such a pretty musical star. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Greta said...

I don't remember that music star stamp, but oh wow is it beautiful! Lovely card, Linda! I'm still getting cards maile, but at least it's not the day before Christmas!

Bonnie said...

I love this musical star, Linda! It's so you! The gold embossing makes it very elegant! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Jean said...

Wonderful CAS design - I can see why this is a favorite of yours!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful and CAStastic card, Linda. The image itself is truly the “star” of your card... pun intended. 😉. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Star challenge. xx