Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Merry Moose

Hi all - time for another Merry Monday challenge, then the Merry Makers are taking July and August off. Lori will post a Summer Link-up, though, so we can still continue to create based on past challenges - yay!! Lori's challenge this week - use a moose on your Christmas card.


Nina offered such a challenge last year and I had zilch so I used a Silhouette image (see that card here). This year I headed back to the Silhouette to find a new moose (there are oodles). I bought a few and fired up the Silhouette to start cutting a moose and a few trees. While it cut, I suddenly remembered a little Hero Arts stamp & cut set with a moose. Hmmm, did I buy it? Yes!! Here's my card:

moose scene
Supplies: Paper - Michael's blue card, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 
BoBunny 'Tis the Season, the Paper Studio Christmas Glitter, My Mind's Eye Kraft Funday
Stamps - Hero Arts DC164 Woodland Set by Lia Stamp & Cut and H6112 Polar Bear
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20 and 21, Impression Obsession Snowflake Background
Other - Foam tape, Copic Markers, Darice sequin assortment, Michael's star gems,
Silhouette Design ID 50884 Trees by Hero Arts

I cut the trees using white paper, then colored with Copics. I really don't like my shading which I tried to make like branches - ugh. So I covered the trees with sequins - too much?? Looks fun in real life. Weird paper on the moose - when I shaded with Copics, I got a resist effect from the pattern (looks like little stars and lines). The stamp has a little dot for an eye so I decided Mr. Moose needed a google eye. The stamp set contains a scarf but it looked too small to me. I stamped and fussy cut the polar bear's scarf from last week's card. Mr. Bear had a thicker neck so I just snipped off a few stripes and it fit perfectly!

If I don't finish the Silhouette moose this week, I can always work on it for the Summer Link-up! Have a great week and be sure to check out all the wonderful cards by the Merry Monday Design Team. I saw too many cute items that might find their way into my stash!

Thanks for stopping!!

17 comments:

Betty said...

very cute, Linda - the little bunny under the tress is just the perfect accent for your scene!

CinnamonSally said...

Cute card Linda, another month and I will need to start thinking of making some Christmas cards!!

Jean said...

Just perfect - it's suitably whimsical!

!neke said...

This is a cute one !
Love it !

Ineke X

Dawn T said...

so adorable.

Rosemary said...

really fun card, linda!!

Karen L K said...

Ah a fun scene! Thanks for sharing your "workarounds".

Theresa's Studio said...

Fun card! Great design...love all the details.

Marcia Hill said...

This little moose is just too cute Linda and LOVE the googly eye! Love your background too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday and for being such a faithful player each week too!! :0)

Bonnie said...

I love the depth of the branches on the trees and the texture of the moose! A fantastic card, Linda!

Margaret said...

I LOVE the fun sequins on your trees, and the stars on the moose are great! This is such a fun card!

Cheryl said...

Adorable! Love the snowy background and the moose's googly eye :)

PJ said...

You've made a beautiful scene for your moose. The perfect little winter wonderland.
pjs-projects.blogspot.com

Sherri Thacker said...

Aw this card is adorable! I love that moose!

Barbetka said...

your moose is so cute :) lovely card

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome Christmas card Linda, love all the little details including your moose and the sequins on the trees. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

Greta said...

I actually really like the fun look of your trees--darling card, Linda!