Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Beary Fun!!

Merry Monday today and I was excited to see that my card for last week's inspiration photo challenge was chosen as the challenge winner - yay! Thanks again to Kathy for a fabulous challenge!!

For this week's Merry Monday challenge, Linda asks us to include a bear on a Christmas card. 


I knew I'd have to show some love to a NBUS (never-before-used-stuff) polar bear stamp from Hero Arts. I couldn't resist this woodblock stamp even though I tend to buy more clear stamps these days.

Polar bear
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, the Paper Studio glitter, Bo Bunny Merry & Bright
Stamps - Hero Arts H6112 Polar Bear and CL644 Bring on the Merry (sentiment - retired)
Dies - Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes and Holiday Frames;
My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 13, 20
Other - Copics, Foam Tape, Michael's gems

I stamped the bear and shaded him with Copics. I stamped and colored a second scarf - fussy cut it and added to the bear with foam tape for dimension. Don't you love the snowflake paper? The gold snowflakes really pop so I decided to add a glittery gold snowflake element pulling it into the banner. Sad but true, I couldn't find the stitched rectangle in the Blueprints 13 set with the banner I used. So I quickly used the SSS rectangle, then found the MFT one right in the package - ugh! Sometimes I can't see what's in front of my face!!

That's it for today. Be sure to check out the fabulous creations by the Merry Monday Design Team. They have such diverse, yet amazing styles - I really enjoy the inspiration they provide each week!

I'm off to rehearse chorus music - we had a retreat Friday night and most of Saturday with a wonderful coach all the way from Arizona, Lori Lyford - Director of the Scottsdale Chorus (multiple Sweet Adelines International gold medal chorus ). With Father's Day yesterday, I didn't have time to review some of the enhancements Lori made to our music so I'd better get busy! Thanks for stopping by!!

13 comments:

Cindy C. said...

How cute!! Love the combination of pattern papers and the gold embossed snowflake. They make great backdrop for the bear with the awesome scarf!

Lin said...

Congrats on your win last week, Linda! I love your bear card this week - very rich-looking with that black snowflake paper and the tone-on-tone one together!

Linda said...

Linda this is so pretty. That snowflake paper is beautiful. Lovely coloring on your bear too. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Betty said...

that gold glittery paper is perfect with the polar bear and the double scarf adds such nice dimension!

Rosemary said...

another absolutely fabulous take on the inspiration, linda!! your card is perfection! congrats on being the winner for the prior challenge!!

Marcia Hill said...

GREAT card Linda! Your Polar Bear is perfect for this challenge and love the DSP too! And congrats on being last weeks winner...definitely deserving! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Karen L K said...

Such a cute bear card! I like all those layers and how nice they look together.

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, love your polar bear as well as the gorgeous background paper!!

Greta said...

Sure would love to hear your chorus, Linda! What a great card--can see why you had to have that stamp! The gold snowflake looks wonderful, as does the beautiful designer paper!

Jean said...

The win was well deserved! And this card is another wonderful one! Great use of the inspiration.

Lady Joyful said...

Lovely card! That polar bear is adorable.

Bonnie said...

I love this polar bear, Linda! And the sparkly gold snowflakes are extra pretty!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, I love the papers and colours. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.