Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

A Scramble and a Teddy Bear

Happy Saturday everyone! It's a bit chilly and windy here today - I almost blew out of my lane on the drive home from visiting my parents. I made it safely, though, and in time to play in Arlene's Scramble on the Hero Arts Flickr Group. We get to pick any 90 minutes during a 24 hr period but I was there right at her starting point - noon my time. It's still ongoing as I post this, so check it out! Arlene asked for two things - a die or punched item and something popped up. Nice and easy so I didn't have to think too hard! Here's my card:

Thanks for everything
Supplies: Dies - Hero Arts DI345 Nesting Postage Stamps Infinity Dies and DI198 Rectangle Infinity Dies
Paper - Memory Box Red Pepper card, My Favorite Things (watercolor),
 My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Market Street (music) patterned papers, scrap of black
Stamps - Hero Arts CM135 Thank You Messages
Other - Michael's gems, foam tape, Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

I needed a card to thank my aunt for taking me to lunch yesterday, then she insisted on buying the items I picked at a stamping store in my home town. I got some bird silhouette dies, a cling stamp set and a package of cards (used one for the thank you). I stamped the banner and fussy cut it, then popped with foam tape over the stack of rectangles. I stamped the "for everything" right onto the music paper but it smeared so I covered it with a die cut rectangle - good save, eh?

After the Scramble, I decided to make another card for this week's Merry Monday challenge. Linda hosted this week and she said "teddy bear" in her personal blog post & had the cutest one on her card. The wording at Merry Monday said "bear" &, even though a teddy bear was pictured, I used a polar bear for my first card. I wasn't the only one to go in that direction, but I decided to find a teddy bear on the Silhouette (there were a bunch!). Here's what a came up with for card two:

Teddy Bear in Stocking
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Pop-tone Beige & Black, Michael's green, 
the Paper Studio Glitter, Tim Holtz kraft metallic (silver), DCWV Corrugated Christmas
Dies - Hero Arts DI345 Nesting Postage Stamps Infinity Dies and DC116 Fancy Cut Christmas Stamp & Cut (retired), 
My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 13, Impression Obsession Patchwork Ornaments
Stamp - Hero Arts DC170 Merry Stamp & Cut 
Other - Copics, Foam Tape, Stickles; google eyes
Silhouette Design ID 162331 Teddy Bear in Stocking (by Totally Jaime)

This design is an outline one so I cut it four times, plus made an offset mat of it for a base. I cut the black and glitter images apart, pieced them back together and glued them to the white mat. Then I inlaid the brown and white pieces (Note - the green bauble in the stocking is white, colored with a Copic and stickled). The brown and white pieces were shaded with Copics before I inlaid them. I have some fun corrugated paper and decided to die cut it into a postage stamp - wow, really flattened it out nicely - looks and feels like velvet in real life! I popped teddy on the postage stamp, leaving a blank spot in lower right that I didn't like. So I stamped "Christmas" on an ornament to balance out the stocking. The black Merry was already die cut and ready - decided it looked best on the stocking itself.

That's it for today - thanks for stopping & I hope you're enjoying the weekend!!
 

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

Fabulous card Linda. Love the music background on your first card. And love your cute little teddy

Bonnie said...

Love that thanks banner and the music score, Linda! And that color is luscious! The teddy bear in the stocking is adorable!

Rosemary said...

fabulous set of cards, linda!! love that little teddy in the stocking on the second one!!

Jean said...

Lots of fun! That bear Silhouette design is a lot of fun!

Greta said...

Absolutely beautiful thank you card, Linda--love the music paper & the banner! Adorable teddy bear card with the google eyes--too cute!