Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Christmas in July Challenge 2 - Dry embossing and Snowflakes

Hi all - back with the second challenge to my friend Heather Maria so we keep working on our Christmas cards this summer. Merry Monday is off (**see note at end) for July and August so we came up with this way to continue creating a weekly Christmas card. I'm calling the July challenges "Christmas in July".

Challenge 2 - use dry embossing and snowflakes on a Christmas card. 

I made the following card as inspiration:

Merry Christmas polaroid
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; Basic Grey Juniper Berry; My Mind's Eye Mistletoe Magic; Anchor Paper Berrylicious card stock; scrap of teal behind the letters from my stash by ??
 Dies - Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Frames (frame and banner) & Holiday Frames (Polaroid); Snowflake by ?? (the die was loose in my box with no packaging
Embossing folder - Xcuts Herringbone Pattern

I embossed a piece of red paper using a herringbone folder Heather gave me when we got together in June. Thanks again, Heather - love it!! It embosses a 6x6 sheet but I decided to die cut it into stitched banners. I thought a banner worked well with the Polaroid.

I look forward to seeing Heather's take on my challenge and what she dreamed up for me to create this week. Anyone else want to play along? Just pop your link in the comments; I'd love to see your creations!

Wishing you a crafty day!! I'll be back later in the week with a card for Heather's challenge.

** NOTE: Lori from Merry Monday has posted a link-up for July/August if you want to upload new cards made using past challenges so you can keep the production going. I will definitely play along there too!!

3 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! I love all the beautiful layers and texture too! Wonderful mix of patterned papers! I'm so glad you like the embossing folder:) Thanks for yet another fun challenge!!

Betty said...

great card Linda - i'm getting out of practice on christmas cards - must get going again.

Trademark Lawyer said...

Such a lovely card, very festive!