Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Happy Birthday Heather!!

Popping in to wish my friend Heather a Happy Birthday! Hope she has a fabulous day celebrating!! I was glad she received her card ahead of time since her birthday is on a weekend - no mail delivery today. Here's the card I sent:

Supplies: Paper - Poptone Snow Cone & Black, Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft
various Bazzill colors; Authentique Wintery (stone pattern)
Sentiment stamp - Simon Says Stamp Friendship Blooms
Die - Hunkydory Crafts Box Collection 3 Hanging Basket
Other - foam tape; Michaels gems

This was my first play with the hanging basket die set. Heather sent it to me for my birthday back in February (thanks again, Heather!!) and I got started with it right away. I just loved cutting all the various papers so I could layer and arrange the basket pieces (it took me a while). I cut the vines multiple times and had fun filling the basket. Then I popped the flowers on top and added a gem to each center. I had a panel of stone paper that I thought would be fun as a wall from which to hang the basket. Can you believe it's from a Christmas paper pad??! After adhering the panel to the card, it needed something so I added a thin black strip, then the hanger bracket and the basket. The SSS stamp set had the perfect sentiment.

I'm thinking the hanging basket diecut would be fantastic on a Mother's Day card - I'd better get busy, eh? Thanks for stopping and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for another Merry Monday challenge!!

5 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous hanging basket Linda I am sure Heather was thrilled with her card.

Lin said...

What a neat card for Heather! Love these cheerful posies, Linda!

Betty said...

wonderful hanging basket and such a great idea to make it hanging from the wall!

Dawn T said...

what a great die and a stunning card you made.

Greta said...

What a neat card--lucky Heather!