Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, December 11, 2017

Merry Monday #269 - Colors!

Hi all - Yikes - only 2 weeks till Christmas! But there's still time to crank out those last few Christmas cards or get ahead on next year's stash. This week at Merry Monday, Debbie hosts Challenge #269 - a fun color challenge! Just choose three of the six colors shown in the inspiration photo below:


I leaned toward the combo of green, chartreuse & pink and liked how this turned out in real life, even though the photo is a bit wonky due to the glitter paper. Some day I'll have to figure out how to photograph it!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle green A2 card, Paper Studio glitter paper; Michael's green and pink
Stamps - Hero Arts CM100 Christmas Messages; retired cling music stamp
Dies - Spellbinders S5-218 Divine Eloquence & S4-433 Holiday (retired)
Other - Hero Arts snowflake gem; Michaels gems; Twisted Citron & Lucky Clover Distress Inks

I decided to show some love to a couple Spellbinders dies, cutting the base layer from green glitter and the label layer from plain chartreuse cardstock stamped with a fun holiday music background (couldn't find the name of it - long retired by Hero Arts). My pink snowflake looked a little plain so I jazzed it up with a Hero Arts snowflake gem, replacing the center clear crystal with a pink one. Stamped the JOY sentiment - done!

Please be sure to check out all the fabulous creations by the Merry Monday Design Team and I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week! Remember, you need crafty time amid all the rushing around to prepare for the holidays!! Thanks for stopping!


15 comments:

Betty said...

seeing lots of pink and green in blogland lately and your card is especially pretty, Linda!

Colleen said...

Fabulous colors, your snowflake really pops with the awesome background! Hope you have a Merry Christmas and thank you for so faithfully visiting me every week!

Rosemary said...

what a fun bright design, linda!!

Jean said...

Lovely, festive combo!

Dawn T said...

So pretty Linda. Great colour combo

CinnamonSally said...

Great colours Linda, so festive.

Kelly Lunceford said...

One of my favorite Christmas color combinations! Beautiful!

JoAnn said...

Lovely color combo Linda. I have trouble photographing cards with the glitter or foil papers also.
Have a great week.

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful fun festive card.

Greta said...

So fun & festive, Linda! Think I have that HA bg stamp--need to get it out!

Linda said...

Very festive with these pretty colors. Love the die cuts you used, Linda.
Have a great weekend.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I bet the glitter paper is so pretty. Love all your layers!

Marcia Hill said...

I don't think your card is "wonky" at all Linda...I love the bright eye popping colors of this fun and festive card! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! :0)

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE!! The mixes of green with that pink packs a punch!! GREAT design!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So bright and FUN!!!! Loving all those layers!