Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Wedding Cake and Peace/Hope/Joy

Happy Thursday! Perfect summer day in Minnesota - nice heat and low humidity, blue skies with some fluffy clouds - ahhhh! I spent the early hours making a card for a chorus friend getting married this weekend but I got outside later this morning to enjoy the weather.

Wedding cake congrats
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Paper Studio glitter, 
Pop-tone Black Licorice, KaiserCraft Provincial 6x6 patterned
Other - Foam Tape, Hero Arts pearls, Sticko heart stickers
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 21
Hero Arts DI198 Nesting Rectangles Infinity Dies
Sizzix 661806 Tim Holtz Small Tattered Florals, Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Borders
Stamp & Die - Hero Arts DC184 Ribbon Messages
Stamp - Hero Arts CL360 Best Wishes

I started by stamping, fussy cutting, and coloring the birdie couple. What to do with them?? The stamp set also has a small wedding cake stamp so I was inspired to make a bigger layer cake stamp using rectangle dies. This was after trying to freehand draw one - it went wonky - argh!. After the three layers were cut from patterned paper, I thought like a cake decorator about trims. This sent me to my Lawn Fawn dies for the darling scalloped borders. Hmmm - needed some flowers so I pulled out the mini Tattered Florals - so cute. Instead of a cake plate, I decided to put the cake atop the sentiment banner (it took on a blue cast in the photo but it's white). The birdie couple had a few hearts in the stamped image so, having fussy cut the birdies leaving the hearts behind, I found some puffy heart stickers. Pearls to finish the flowers - done!!

In a rare burst of cleaning, I was going through some old saved Christmas cards. Found a gorgeous Hallmark card that I couldn't resist upcycling. I die cut the card front using a pierced rectangle die and kept the embellishments to a minimum with the stamped tree and snowflake embellishment.

peace hope joy
Supplies: Paper - DCWV Navy A2 card, scrap of Lawn Fawn patterned, recycled Hallmark card
Die - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 21
Stamp - Hero Arts CL893 Kelly's Noel
Other - Tim Holtz snowflake charm

I will add this to Merry Monday's Summer Link-up, using 2016's Challenge 210 Peace/Joy & or Love as inspiration.
Merry Monday

Thanks for stopping by! I think I'll head out and enjoy some more of this beautiful weather!!

9 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

That cake die is fantastic with the darling birds and your upcycle is brilliant and so beautiful! Hugs, Autumn

Betty said...

darling wedding card and love the christmas card - don't you just love it when you can upcycle!!

Jean said...

I love that wedding card! And your upcycle is great!

Rosemary said...

both cards are fabulous, linda!! love those sweet little birds on the wedding card!!

Dawn T said...

beautiful cards Linda. Love that cake. And the Christmas card is the perfect upcycling

Greta said...

The wedding cake card is gorgeous, Linda! Your upcycled card is a total stunner--one of my favorites!

Bonnie said...

Love the wedding cake with the sweet birds! And the Christmas card is gorgeous! Love the addition of the little tree and snowflake! A perfect touch!

Robyn Oliver said...

ooow Linda I'm loving your Christmas card, great depth, and beautiful colours - it's all really cool

Nancy said...

Pretty Card. Love to repurpose cards