Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Thanks vase

Hi all - I had a chance to do some crafty shopping yesterday at this fun store, CF Stamps, about halfway between my house and my parents' house. I found a couple Sue Wilson dies from Creative Expressions, a sweet elephant die from Impression Obsession and a winter scene die from Memory Box (do you feel a Merry Monday card coming this week?!). I started by whipping up a thank you card for neighbors Therese & Greg who hauled away the tree branches I trimmed last Sunday. They also got some oatmeal fruit bars - I seem to be making them a couple times a week - so yummy!!

thanks vase
Supplies: Paper - Co'redinations Pastel A2 card, Lawn Fawn Rainbow Plaid 6x6
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, the Paper Studio glitter
Stamps - CM144 Color Layering Poppy
Dies - Sue Wilson Hobnail Vase & Queen Anne's Lace, My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20
Hero Arts DI356 Color Layering Poppy Framecuts and DC152 Thanks Stamp & Cut
Other - Copic Markers, foam tape, inks from various My Monthly Hero kits by Hero Arts

All links are uncompensated. I linked to 123Stitch for the Queen Anne's Lace and Simon Says Stamp for the vase because it was out of stock at 123Stitch. Creative Expressions is a UK company so I didn't link to them since I'm in the US. 
I often shop at 123Stitch which has nice sale prices and other crafts like cross stitch and fabric. 
Otherwise, where possible, I'll link to the original company's website....

Isn't this a cool vase? After die cutting, you run it through with a rubber pad to emboss it. Same deal with the Queen Anne's Lace - love!! I colored the Queen Anne's Lace with Copics; the poppies are stamped (2 pinks, a red and a black ink). I fired up the MISTI to stamp a bunch of the poppies so I could make two versions of this card - so easy to pop the diecut flowers into the negative and quickly stamp the different layers!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a crafty weekend!!

7 comments:

Darnell said...

Wow, I love how you made your milk glass vase, Linda! The whole card is so pretty with the aqua and pinks!! I'm jealous that you still have a brick-and-mortar stamp store to go to! I miss them!! Hugs, Darnell

Betty said...

that vase is really neat Linda - and love the poppies among the queen anne's lace - so pretty!!

Lin said...

What a pretty bouquet, Linda - love that vase and the plaid background makes everything pop!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow such a pretty card Linda.

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card, linda! the vase looks just like hobnail milk glass vase my mom had!!

Greta said...

Wish I had a store to walk into & get stuff right then & there--miss the old days--haha! Anyway, this is one beautiful card--love everything about it, Linda!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful bouquet in that awesome hobnail vase!