Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Some thank you cards on the 4th

Happy Independence Day to my US visitors! Hope you're enjoying the holiday!! Mine is low-key as I took sister Tami to the airport early this morning and have no special plans to celebrate. Probably will watch some fireworks on television - I enjoy the Capitol 4th program on public television. Unfortunately I didn't make a single Independence Day card - meant to create some for Cards for Hospitalized Kids but didn't get there....

Also - Happy Birthday today to my friend Heather's son, Mark! Now that he's an adult, he's spared any more lame teen cards from me - LOL - but later this week I will share the grad card I sent him.

Anyway, today I'm sharing a couple of thank you cards I made for some relatives who gave my sister and me hospitality over the weekend. Tami made her own cards using my supplies :) and we had fun crafting together last night.

thank you duo
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Foliage Designer Paper (retired), Lawn Fawn plaid, 
Michael's green, Pop-tone Blue Raspberry, DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 card, 
recycled card (garden image by Lauren Wan), Tim Holtz watercolor paper
Dies - Hero Arts DI080 Thank You Fancy Die, DI334 Nesting Hearts and 
DI345 Nesting Postage Stamp Infinity Dies, Memory Box Little Dragonflies
Other - Hero Arts Foliage gems, watercolor paints, Stickles

For the card on the left, I was inspired by this card by Kelly Rasmussen on the Hero Arts Blog. I used an older thank you die and put it in a window covered with plaid, rather than inside with an acetate covered window like Kelly did. Also, I layered several die cuts, like Jennifer McGuire showed here, including painting the top layer with Wink of Stella. I didn't coat them with Glossy Accents or heat emboss them though - I'm lazy....

On the right I upcycled a printed card I received for a sympathy gift. I just love the delicate flowers and the script on the printed thank you card so I had to reuse it. I die cut the front and layered it on a die cut mat before adhering it to an A2 card base. I added 3 dragonflies that I'd die cut from watercolor paper, watercolored and stickled. I just couldn't resist those dragonflies on a recent trip to my local stamping store - this my my first play with them.

That's it from here. I was still out of town yesterday for Merry Monday but no matter - the Merrymakers are off for July and August. We can use their Summer Link-up to post cards anytime during those months. My first card will probably be another moose card since I cut a bunch of pieces on the Silhouette last week but didn't have a chance to finish that card.

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty week!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful cards, Linda! Love those papers!

Lin said...

Lovely soft colors, Linda! I especially love that green one - text, plaid, and a heart = perfection!!

Cindy C. said...

How delightful! Wonderful combination of die cuts and designer paper!! And I love how you used the Postage Stamp Infinity Dies!!

Rosemary said...

lovely set of thank you cards, linda!!

Betty said...

lovely cards Linda - love the plaid behind the heart and the upcycled card is so pretty - at first i thought the wildflowers were those old HA ones which i've always loved

Greta said...

Quiet 4th for us, too--just what I like! The Capitol 4th music was really good this year & I never tire of seeing fireworks! We actually taped Boston & NY as well, so watched all 3. Gotta say, I would love to see the Macy's fireworks show in person once in my life--it's really unbelievable! What a wonderful card to upcycle--so beautiful & your new dragonflys are the perfect accent! Very pretty thank you card with the plaid window. How neat you got to do some crafting with your sister!

Jean said...

These are both a lot of fun! Thank you cards are some of my favorites to make.