Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Scandinavian Christmas and Rose Birthday cards

Hi all - I can't let my Christmas card production lag during the summer months! Luckily, Merry Monday has a Summer Link-up! We can use it to upload new cards made for challenges offered earlier in the year.

Merry Monday

Today I'm harking back to Challenge 230 - Noel &/or Scandinavian. Karen LK, a friend from the Hero Arts Flickr group, sent me a darling Scandinavian stamp set a while back and I'm just getting a chance to use it. Perfect for this past Merry Monday challenge!

Scandinavian Christmas
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, American Crafts Christmas (from Target Hot Spot)
Stamps by Hero Arts - CL900 Scandinavian Holiday by Lia, CL540 Christmas Reindeer (retired)
Ink - Festive Berries Distress Ink, Ranger Watering Can Archival (Wendy Vecchi)
Other - gems from Michaels

I just love this American Crafts paper I got last fall at Target - a perfect match for the Scandinavian theme. If you want to get a good start on your Christmas cards, be sure to check out Merry Monday! I try to play every week, even during the summer.

Next up, a birthday card for a friend using more lovely Graphic 45 Botanical Tea paper. I also love the marbled BoBunny Serendipity paper behind the rose panel. I bought two 12x12 sheets of it when I bought the 6x6 paper pad from this collection.

Birthday rose
Supplies: Paper - A2 card by ?, Graphic 45 8x8 Botanical Tea Collection 
Bo Bunny Serendipity Collection (marbled), scraps of other papers
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20
Hero Arts DI337 Nesting Oval Infinity Dies
Sentiment Stamp from Hero Arts CL661 It's Your Day

That's it for today. I mentioned posting a grad card but unfortunately I got a new phone and all my photos didn't transfer over - bummer. I'll get them off eventually but it's not a priority... Thanks for stopping and enjoy the weekend!!

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of cards, linda!!

Lin said...

What a treat today, Linda! Love them both!

Cindy C. said...

So sweet and simple the Scandinavian Christmas card!! Love the red, white, and black combination. And a very lovely birthday greeting!! Thanks for sharing.

Betty said...

I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding a Scandinavian to send that pretty card to in Minnesota - and the rose card is so soft and pretty - your friend will love it!!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Linda. Love the red one and the roses card is so pretty

Jean said...

These are both gorgeous! Wonderful product choices as always!

Greta said...

2 wonderful cards, Linda! I really love the elegant, beautiful BD card!