Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Blue Snow globe

Hi all - back with another card for Merry Monday's Summer Link-up


Today's card is the one I actually started for this week before I got diverted by the moose card I posted yesterday. I used a new-to-me Memory Box die I found on Saturday - just love the sweet house & trees!

Blue snow globe
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, DCWV Blue A2 card, Foil card, and 
snowflake paper from Everyday Stack, BoBunny Serendipity Collection 6x6 (blue pattern)
Dies - Memory Box Countryside Circle, Hero Arts October 2016 My Monthly Hero Kit (sold out)
My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 13 and 20
Hero Arts DI199 Circle Infinity Dies
Stamps - Hero Arts October 2016 My Monthly Hero Kit
Other - Copic Markers, Michael's gems, Salty Ocean Distress Ink

I was inspired by Challenge 251 to do monochromatic blue (some neutral allowed so I used white). I cut the Countryside Circle along with a circle die using white cardstock. I put a snowflake patterned paper behind it & layered it onto a blue foil circle. Then I remembered the snow globe base die from a My Monthly Hero kit & decided to try it. I used the sentiment from the same kit and die cut a buck silhouette to add to the scene. I used the same paper I used for the stitched rectangle layer and thought it looked good. Funny thing, the blue patterned paper isn't a Christmas paper but it doesn't scream non-Christmas to me. Hope it works!

Thanks for stopping by! I have a busy week so won't be crafting any more until Saturday when Kim hosts a Scramble over on the Hero Arts Flickr Group. Stop and check it out if you have time!

8 comments:

Greta said...

Gorgeous card, Linda--always love snow globes!

Betty said...

love this - the snow globe with the pretty snowflake paper, darling house die cut, and the stag taking center stage - wonderful!

Dawn T said...

Very pretty Linda. Great card.

Lin said...

WOW, this is so special in blue!

Rosemary said...

wow!! what a gorgeous card, linda... love all the icy blues!!

Cheryl said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the shimmer around the outside of the snow globe.

Jean said...

Perfect for the challenge! I was looking through all of this year's challenges to pick one or two for the next few weeks and this is one that I didn't even consider because it struck me as the most challenging! You've done a great job carrying it off!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful snow globe, Linda!