Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 5, 2017

Time for Blue

Merry Monday everyone! Yes, time for another challenge - this week Debbie wants a monochromatic blue Christmas card.


We have enjoyed some sunny and hot weather, including the bluest skies! I was delighted to make a blue card and decided to make a navy blue ornament on a watercolor blue background similar to the inspiration photo. Here's what I created:

Monochromatic blues
Supplies: Paper - Michael's blue A2 card, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White,
BoBunny Tis the Season 6x6 (light blue) My Favorite Things Watercolor Wash Brights 6x6
Stamps - Hero Arts CL798 Winter Sparkle (ornament) CL890 Holiday Greetings (sentiment)
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 18 and 21, Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes
Hero Arts DI104 Ornament Frame Cuts (retired)
Ink - Hero Arts Navy; Other - May Arts ribbon, Michael's gems, foam tape

I started by die cutting the two panels with diagonal edges and adhering them to a white panel (a neutral is allowed in a color challenge) leaving a window for the sentiment. I then cut the panel into a pierced rectangle and adhered it to a blue A2 card. I stamped the sentiment in the open white window and stamped & die cut the blue ornament from another piece of white card. I popped the ornament onto the lower corner with foam tape. Not being one for CAS, I added a couple of snowflakes to create a focal triangle with my ornament. A few gems and a bow - done!!

I got up early to make treats for tonight's chorus rehearsal. We always celebrate birthdays the first rehearsal of the month by serving yummy treats. I volunteered to bake for June and since it's been quite warm (high 80s F) I wanted to fire up the oven early in the day. I made two flavors of bars with an oatmeal crumble - strawberry and cherry so I'd have nearly 8 dozen - not enough for the entire chorus if everyone came but there will be a few missing, I'm sure. Summer vacations have begun so we usually don't have over 90 present. I also bought fresh strawberries for those needing a healthy option. Here's a photo of one pan cooling on the counter:

bars

The recipe comes from the Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook ("the Bible" of cooking and baking according to my friend Heidi). I have never gone wrong with any of the recipes I've tried. I squeezed in making my Merry Monday card while the bars baked. Now I'm off to get things ready for the rest of the day.

Thanks for stopping by & be sure to check out all the wonderful cards by the Merry Monday Design Team!


12 comments:

Lin said...

What a delicious post, Linda......my favorite color and treats, too! These will be a BIG hit, I'm sure!

Rosemary said...

fabulous take on the mm challenge, linda!! you absolutely rocked it!! and those bars look de-lish!!

Karen L K said...

Such a pretty blue card!! Those bars looking yummy!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful card Linda. And your slice looks very yummy

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful take from the inspiration photo, the ornament is so pretty!! And the baked good looks so yummy!!

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Linda and those bars look scrumptious!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday and for always leaving such kind words too...much appreciated!! :0)

Betty said...

lovely card Linda - can't go wrong with blue - and those bars look divine!!!

Greta said...

I love blue for Christmas cards & yours is beautiful, Linda! Love that ornament & the soft background is perfect for it!

Linda said...

Beautiful blue background for that gorgeous ornament. Lovely card Linda.
Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

This is such a beautiful ornament, Linda! I love how you've used all the blues! And a delicious looking dessert!

Jean said...

Wonderful card capturing the power of blue at Christmas! And now I'm hungry!