Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Birthday Fun

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, my Mom had a birthday on Tuesday (the "real" Memorial Day, she always says). We celebrated with a pizza from Papa Murphy's (the Cowboy, in case you're wondering, with some modifications) and a sweet little birthday cake from the bakery. LOL - I had a jumbo 8 from her 80th bday cake but the store didn't have that style anymore so I ended up with a smaller 2 - thought it looked cute though!

Mammy bday 2017

I made two birthday cards using a lovely Graphic 45 8x8 paper pad - one went to Mammy and the other to her sister-in-law, my Aunt Marie. Mammy loves both birds and flowers but she got the bird card since Aunt Marie prefers flowers. Don't laugh - the stamp set I used has a happy die but I couldn't find it! Had to use one from MFT to go with the birthday I stamped...

Botanical Tea bday cards
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Foliage Layering Paper (lightest shade); Michael's green paper; 
Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Collection (patterned papers)
Stamps - Hero Arts DC150 Happy Stamp & Cut (birthday)
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20 (stitched rectangle) & Blueprints 26 (happy)
Other - Hero Arts sequins, Michael's gems

My nephew Michael celebrated his 15th birthday last week and I struggled to decide what to make for a teen-aged guy! He loves playing basketball so I found a fun Silhouette design to try. I just loved how it turned out with all the layers!

Hoop it Up
Supplies: Paper - Pop tone Black, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, the Paper Studio glitter, 
Michael's green & orange, My Favorite Things Watercolor Wash
Stamps - Hero Arts DC150 Happy Stamp & Cut (birthday); DC149 Congrats Stamp & Cut (on your)
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20 (stitched rectangle) & Blueprints 18 (star);
Silhouette Design ID 150551 Hoop it Up Title from Miss Kate Cuttables
Other - Michael's star gems, foam tape

That's it for today. I'm off to clean up my crafty supplies so I'll have a fresh slate to make Father's Day cards. Hope you're having a wonderful week!

5 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Happy Birthday to you Mammy!! So fun to see her happy smile and that cute cake!! The birthday cards are awesome Linda.

Betty said...

3 wonderful cards, Linda - bet your mom,aunt marie and michael loved them

Rosemary said...

all three cards are fantastic, linda!! wishing your mom a very happy birthday!!

Jean said...

Happy birthday to your Mom! Your cards are fabulous! That Silhouette one looks perfect for a basketball enthusiast!

Greta said...

What a beautiful picture of your mom, Linda & I think the big 8 with the little 2 is really cute! The cards for the women are gorgeous, but I did have to chuckle about you not being able to find the matching die--happens to me, too! The card for your nephew is absolutely perfect--bet he loved it!