Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Merry Monday Mistletoe

Yes, I know it's Tuesday - I'm a bit behind on Merry Monday where Colleen asks us to make a Christmas card with mistletoe.


Yay! I have more than one stamp set with mistletoe on it and, hard to believe?!, I've never made a card with mistletoe. I found two sets with varying lengths of mistletoe and my thoughts went to a dangling sprig. I had already cut a bow intended for a Merry Monday wreath back in April (never finished). I decided to repurpose it for the mistletoe sprig.

Mistletoe
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Pop-tone Black, 
Michael's Green, American Crafts plaid (from Target's hot spot at Christmastime)
Stamps: Hero Arts CL998 Happy Holly Days and CL797 Under the Mistletoe
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20; Hero Arts DI316 Happy Holly Days Frame Cuts
Tim Holtz Christmas Bells die (retired Sizzix # 658765)
Other - Copic Markers, Stickles, foam tape, Fired Brick Distress Oxide Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Our chorus show was fabulous on Sunday!! Many said it was the best show ever - quite a feat in over 60 years of chorus shows! Next we'll perform on the Great Northern Union Chorus "On to Fame" show, June 3rd. GNU chorus is like our male counterpart and they'll be off to their International contest in July. Yesterday we had a potluck dinner instead of rehearsal and revealed our "Sweet Adeline of the Year", a years of service award. Preparing for that put me behind on Merry Monday but I managed to get a card done this afternoon after doing some chores I couldn't do on Sunday.

Thanks for stopping and be sure to check out the inspiration from the MM Design Team!!

15 comments:

Lin said...

Love this, Linda - the hint of plaid is perfect!

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful, Linda! Love the bold darker frame and white panel!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, linda!! the mistletoe is beautiful and I love the little hint of plaid!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful and so elegant Linda, I love the layers. So glad you played along again this week.

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Linda! Your mistletoe is colored so beautifully and LOVE your big, red bow! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday! :0)

Cindy C. said...

Simple and yet stunning!! That red bow gives it a lot of "wow"s!!

Linda said...

Pretty card Linda. Love that bow. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Jean said...

Wonderful mistletoe card! Great texture, shape and color choices! Yay for your choral achievements!

Heather Hopson said...

You have made an awesome card with your sprig of mistletoe. I love the added box. Great job!

Greta said...

Beautiful card--love the image & the green, plaid background! Would love to have been at your concert!

Barbetka said...

amazing card :)

BożenA said...

Your mistletoe is so beautiful. You used a great database for this card. I love the combination of dark green with bright green, full of good energy. Great card
Hugs,
BozenA

Colleen said...

Linda you have another fabulous Christmas card for Merry Monday! Love the big mistletoe image and how you layeted it! Thanks for joining us again, I love seeing your cards in the gallery!!

Bonnie said...

Your mistletoe is beautiful, Linda!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is super beautiful Linda! Gorgeous layers! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.