Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Vintage Love

Welcome everyone - hope you're having a great weekend! Vintage isn't my usual style but I find myself attracted to vintage cling stamps, especially by Tim Holtz. I went to a Rubber Stamp Show near the Mall of America yesterday and, while I didn't find any Tim Holtz, I bought the stamps pictured below from Our Daily Bread. The vintage ones are from what they call a "sister" line called Artistic Outpost. Wow - found several fun sets and a hat background I thought would be great for masculine cards. I bought A LOT of other goodies that I won't bore you with here but you may see more projects in future with my finds...


I came home from the stamp show to play in a Scramble over on the Hero Arts Flickr group. What was the theme? VINTAGE - such a coincidence after all my purchases. Well, my new stuff wasn't Hero Arts so I went into my stash to find the fun Deco Flower Background, a cling stamp, and a pocket watch from a clear set called Serenade Pocket Watch. Here's my card.


Vintage Pocket Watch

I stamped the card base (carnation by Hero Arts) with Memento Rich Cocoa which came out looking more grey on the pink - fine with me. The strip of paper is from The Paper Studio "Tattered and Worn paper - very Old World looking paper pad. Lace is from Hero Arts. The postcard is from BoBunny's Garden Journal Collection (6x6 pad). After stamping and trimming the pocket watch, I popped it onto the card with foam tape and colored in a bit with a Copic. Might've added some Glossy Accents to the face by didn't have the time or the inclination - LOL. Tied a bit of May Arts string twine onto the watch and added some pearls.

So today, I woke up eager to try my Artistic Outpost stamps to create a masculine birthday card for my uncle. Here's the card:

Cycle quartet birthday

I started with a putty colored card base and added a rich brown mat (Neenah cardstock found at Target). I stamped the Hats Background using Memento Rich Cocoa Ink on a greenish piece of the Tattered and Worn paper. Had to laugh - as I was distressing with a scissors (where is my tool for that?!) the paper tore and I realized it was adhesive backed!! Funny how I didn't notice that in the mad dash of yesterday's Scramble!! I stamped the quartet of cyclists (from the Artistic Outpost Hat's Off cling set ) on a piece of Neenah kraft cardstock and edged the top and bottom with some Tim Holtz tissue tape. The Happy diecut and birthday stamp are from Hero Arts clear set called Happy Stamp & Cut - I just love these sets; I have every one of them - so perfect with their bold word die (with matching stamp) and lots of little word stamps to go with them. I left off any other embellishments this time. Keep it simple for a guy.

So that's my vintage weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

wow, FABULOUS finds and purchase, Linda! I share with you about the love of Cling stamps with a touch of vintage!! These two cards are gorgeous! I love the 2nd one especially! The layering of the paper is superb! I miss shopping in MOA--fun times!