Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Sparkle, Shimmer &/or Bling




Hey everyone - hope you're having a crafty weekend! I was sorry to miss Merry Monday last week - I started a card but didn't finish it yet. Karren's challenge was to use newsprint, and I have the perfect stamp from Hero Arts. Oh well, I'll finish it someday... As it turns out I incorporated some text paper (I think it would've qualified) with this week's challenge from Kathy to use sparkle, shimmer and/or bling on your Christmas card. I love all that!!

A couple weeks ago I bought this yummy American Crafts  6x6 paper pad at Target which contains 12 colors of glitter paper (2 pieces of each color). I know I'll buy more during my next Target run! It's a very soft flexible paper so I glued it to some card stock before die-cutting my fave Snowflake Fancy Die from Hero Arts. I just love this turquoise color and thought it looked so pretty on the white scalloped Spellbinders circle. The kraft and white text paper is by Graphic45 ('Twas the Night Before Christmas 8x8 pad).  The sentiment is from a 2012 Hero Arts clear set, Holiday Sayings (CL343 - one of my faves!). I used the MISTI to stamp the sentiment using Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink; the MISTI is perfect for repeat stamping so I could intensify the depth of ink. Love MISTI!!

Here's my card:
Glitter snowflake


I made two of this design very quickly, thereby making up for not finishing any Christmas cards last week. For being week 23 of the year, I'm still ahead of the curve with 44 Christmas cards made!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Christmas card stash is growing! Be sure to stop by Merry Monday for lots of inspiration!!

7 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Oh what a gorgeous Christmas card, Linda! Your sparkly snowflake is so pretty and it looks great with the lovely kraft and white pp! I have to admit my Christmas card stash isn't growing but thanks to you I now have half a dozen snowmen sitting on my table tonight;)

Nancy K said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! It has 2 of my favorite things; a text pattern and a glittery snowflake! I love how you layered the snowflake with the the pretty die cut! I should seriously be working on Christmas cards now too! I always wait til the last minute.
blessings to you!

Cat Craig said...

Linda, Fabulous card, that snowflake is gorgeous taking center stage. Love this.

Greta said...

Beautiful snowflake & love the color combo, Linda! Maybe I better check out Target for paper--thanks for the info!

Dawn T said...

very pretty Linda.... have to admit not a Christmas card in sight in my house! I'll be starting towards the end of next month after I get back from my holiday!

Kath said...

A great card - the snowflake die is perfect and I really like the colours you've used.
Kath x

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, your snowflake is beautiful. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday,