Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Scramble Time!

Hi everyone - hope you're having a lovely Easter weekend if you celebrate it now.  I hosted today's Scramble (#82 - can you believe it?!) over on the Hero Arts Flickr group - theme was paper piecing.  I made these two cards for samples:

Paper pieced Tall Flowers
 
Paper pieced image here is Hero Arts Tall Flowers cling stamp - so perfect for piecing but it did take quite a while.  If I was thrown this Scramble theme, I wouldn't have grabbed for this stamp - I really had to race to complete it within 90 minutes.  Why, you ask?  A Scramble is 90 minutes so when I do sample cards, I keep within the time myself.  I'm not going to offer a sample that took 5 hours to make (as some of my cards have!!) when the players only have 90 minutes.
 
Well, I must confess I didn't count the time it took me to find my Tall Flowers - it wasn't where it was supposed to be!!  The timer on the stove was ticking away so when I finally found it (20 minutes later) I added this time back.  If I'm a Scramble participant, I normally grab whatever is close at hand from my stash - LOL.  Oh - the die cut is from Spellbinders - one of the Resplendent Rectangles - love, love, love this set!!  Anyway, I stamped the Tall Flowers right on it using green ink, then proceeded to cover the green outline blossoms with little flowers I cut from 5 different Basic Grey Kneehighs papers.  Some of the papers were too similar in their white backgrounds so I colored them with a Spun Sugar Distress Marker.  The teeny pink flowers were stamped with pink neon ink onto patterned paper.  I had some ink blobs I had to cover up (the darned stamp press slipped) so I cut some extra flowers and leaves - in case you're wondering why this doesn't match up with the Tall Flowers image.  The sentiment is from Say it All, a Hero Arts clear set, and the background is stamped with the raindrop pattern, a older Hero Arts design wood block.  I plan to give this card to Mammy for her upcoming birthday so hope she's not checking my blog!!
 
Paper pieced Kite

This card was much simpler - I stamped the kite on the background paper, then on 4 patterned papers (BoBunny and Authentique).  The kite is from a Hero Arts clear set Picnic - just love this happy image - and the sentiment is from For Your Kindness, a newer clear set.

And here's an Easter card I made yesterday for a couple of friends who invited me to Easter dinner tomorrow:

Happy Easter 2014

The speech bubbles and "hey" are from Hero Arts cling set Psst! and the Happy Easter is from an older clear set that I just love - Celebrate Everyday.  The bunnies are from Imaginisce - just got them at Anchor Paper a couple weeks ago.  In the foreground, you see a chocolate bird's nest made from chow mein noodles mixed with melted chocolate chips and peanut butter.  The eggs look real, don't they?  They are Cadbury mini milk chocolate eggs with a candy coating. I'm taking a bunch of these for table favors at our Easter dinner.  Now I just have to bake the cake I'm taking.

Hope you have a wonderful Easter!!  Thanks for stopping!

3 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Linda, thanks again for the fun scramble today - I thoroughly enjoyed it even though I was a total butterfingers!

Your paper pieced cards are fab! Love your design on the first one and your mammy is sure to love all those pretty flowers - a lot of love went into all that paper piecing! Love the gorgeous kite you created with the beautiful mix of pps and the baker's twine! Yummy, yummy, your Easter treats look absolutely delicious and your Easter card is adorable!

Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Dawn T said...

Great idea Linda and beautiful samples. I'm sorry I missed playing with you

Robin K. said...

Love all your cards Linda! I've always enjoyed paper piecing and I'm sorry I couldn't play along with your scramble! That little chocolate birds nest is so cute- what a great idea for favors! Happy Spring!