Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Stamping Fun in Bloomington MN

Hi all - I spent much of the day at the Bloomington MN Rubber Stamp Show.  Held at the Ramada Inn near the Mall of America, I had time to make a quick visit to the MOA Archiver's.  There I picked up a prize to offer for a fun event coming next week (be sure to start each day at the Hero Arts Blog). 

Before I talk about the show, here's a card I made for a friend who sprained her ankle last week.  Denise isn't usually a klutz so who knows what happened.  Luckily she didn't break anything and her new puppy she was carrying didn't get hurt at all!!


I'm showing this card as it contains a hint about the prize coming up next week....can you guess?  Anyway I used three sets from Hero Arts: CL613 Thinking of You Kite (sentiment), CL674 Circles (textured circle), and AC026 Brush Strokes (paint splotches) all of which are such fun sets.  I masked off the area for the sentiment on a lilac Hero Arts card base and stamped the circles and splotches in some fun Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord and a Hero Arts Neon Green.  Sentiment is stamped in Hero Arts Navy mid-tone ink - love it!  Then I stamped the heart from Brush Strokes on a piece of patterned paper and trimmed it, popping up with foam tape and adding a gem and Stickles.

So what did I buy at the show?  Lots of stuff I couldn't live without - LOL.  Here's my haul in two groups:


On left - Prima paper, Our Daily Bread bookmark stamps and matching Spellbinders, Memory Box butterfly dies and Crackbox Palace cling stamps (my mom's having foot surgery so I couldn't resist them).  On the right: Raisinboat clear set (darling gumball machine), vellum from Stamp-on-it!, Stamps by Judith & Heather in the upper right corner and B&J Art Stamps in the bottom right corner.  Lucky me - I won a door prize which got me the window from B&J.  The Raisinboat group offers stamp rentals, just like you get movies, through the mail!  They had some adorable sets that I wouldn't want to own but would like for a card or two!  Sorry - I'm too lazy to link to the sources... Hopefully I'll get inky with these soon, except for one which is a gift.

The show runs tomorrow from 11a - 4p if you live in the area and want to check it out.  Thanks for stopping and be sure to pop back next week for more fun!!


4 comments:

Anita Rex said...

Stamps to rent? That's a neat idea! And unique! Love all you got! If I wasn't bsy tomorrow I may have checked it out! Love your card! So pretty nd fun and it made me wonder why didn't I get the brush strokes set? Can't wait to see you Tuesday!

Greta said...

So jealous! What a great show that must have been & your haul looks fabulous! Love the card--great use of those stamps!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Linda and what a great haul.

stampingandstitching said...

Linda, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful design and mix of images! You know how much I love blue and green but wow purple is such a gorgeous addition to those colours! The sparkly heart is so pretty too! I'm sure Denise loved your card! Hope she feels better soon.

Oh my goodness the Stamp Show looks brilliant - lots of shops and fun happenings by the sound and look of it! I LOVE seeing photos of what you picked up there! The Crackerbox Palace set is so fun and perfect for a card for your mom - I hope her foot surgery goes well and, as it says on the sentiment, that she'll be back on her feet soon:) The bookmark dies/stamps look amazing, as for the butterflies - stunning! Yikes I could go on and on, I love everything in your second photo too especially the knitting needles with the ball of wool, the sand dollar and the fun set with the candy apple and gumball machine. I never knew there was such a thing as metallic vellum either, wow! Lol I think I would have had very heavy and full shopping bags if I had been at the show with you!! Thanks so much for sharing all the fun with us in your post!

Looking forward to the fun next week! Hmm I'm guessing about the hint in your card, I wonder if I've guessed correctly! Lol I suppose I'll find out very, very soon!