Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Card making and baking can mix - sort of...

My AZ sister and I spent today shopping, crafting and baking.  We had such a great time together!  Tami did the actual baking - her special chocolate chip cookies that she calls "cow pies".  Here she is moving the cookies from the baking sheet to a rack to cool.
 

The first batch wasn't completely cool when I grabbed one - yummy!


So while the cookies bake in the oven, Tami and I are both making cards.   A Papyrus card in the rack at Caribou Coffee inspired Tami to make a button covered heart for her grandaughter Anni.  Here she is making her card - notice anything?


Yes, somehow a pile of buttons found their way onto the hot pad meant to be ready for removing cookies from the oven!!  So when the buzzer sounded, she ran for the kitchen (we were crafting on the dining room table) without her hot pad and had to find another one - LOL!  Luckily there was another pad readily available - no burned cookies - yay!  Here's Tami's completed card - beside various buttons, she added some Hero Arts gems and sentiment from CL342 Everyday Sayings, an older clear set:


I love the sentiment on the diagonal!  Meanwhile, here I am adding Stickles to my one layer for the latest Hero Arts contest, SimpleSummer:

 
And here's my finished card - I used a fun new alphabet set CL699 Sketchbook Letters from Hero Arts Stamp Your Story line along with some graffiti stamps from a new cling set AC026 Brush Strokes from the same line.  Oh - also used some of the new daubers in 3 fun colors - Pale Tomato, Butter Cup, and Tide Pool.
 
 
I don't make many one layer cards so this has been both fun and challenging for me.  Can you see the bitty dots in the buttercup brush stroke?   The dauber ink had pooled on the stamp and rather than try to blot them off, I just let them dry like that - kinda cool effect.  I originally stamped the letters with the Tide Pool dauber but decided to overstamp them, offset a bit, with black for more definition.
 
Hope you're enjoying a crafty holiday week!  I'm off all week from work so am really enjoying time spent with friends and family.  Thanks for stopping!!


4 comments:

Dawn T said...

what fun to stamp and bake with your sister. Both of your cards are great. Love the button heart Tami made and your arrows are great.

stampingandstitching said...

Happy 4th of July, Linda! Hope you're having a brilliant day and week off work!

What a fun time you're having with Tami! Those cow pies cookies look scrumptious - I'd love one (or more!) right now! Tami's card is gorgeous - love the big heart with the wonderful mix of buttons, gems and pearls! I love your one layer card. What a happy accident on the buttercup brush stroke, it's such a great effect! I also love the dimensional look you achieved by double stamping the sentiment!

Virginia L. said...

Oh you and Tami look like you had so much fun! And those cookies loooook delicious! (wish I could taste it)!! The button card is super lovely! I think it will work better with a hand-delivery (wink)!

Maureen Morton said...

What a fun day! I can just smell those yummy cookies baking, too. Love your cards and your smiles!